Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Best way 2 run twin motors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Jado 6
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way 2 run twin motors?

Hey folks. Have a question. I have a monster of a newbrite scx. Nearly 15" wheelbase. Here's what'sup- I have an fxr w/45 14tpinion in it now. I want to add another 45,via twin motor plate. I was under the impression i'd have to add either, another fxr, or pull the fxr in it, in favor of a different esc that's designed to run dual motors. Then,i was told that my fxr will indeed run dual motors. I don't wanna buy stuff i don't need. So, which way do i go? Will an fxr run 2 motors? & how do i go about it? Thanks!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:05 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best way 2 run twin motors?

Why do you want to run 2 motors in a SCX10?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO the SCX10 is so light a 2nd motor won't do anything but add more weight, and complexity with no real offering.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Jado 6
My Feedback: (1)

I appreciate your interest, but didn't see an answer to my question....anywhere.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM
jsowens

A FXR will run 2 motors...plenty of MOA guys do it. You'll need some sort of Y wiring harness to connect both motors to the wires coming off the ESC. Like this one:
http://store.rc4wd.com/Dean-Plug-Ser...WG_p_1478.html

I agree with these guys...what are you hoping to accomplish with 2 motors? Obviously, in your post in the other thread pertaining to someone running 2 motors, you understand that 2 motors isn't going to increase your speed at all, not to mention a second motor just adds weight to the middle of the chassis, not down low...so it's not a good thing from a low center of gravity standpoint either. I'm curious.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jsowens

A FXR will run 2 motors...plenty of MOA guys do it. You'll need some sort of Y wiring harness to connect both motors to the wires coming off the ESC. Like this one:
http://store.rc4wd.com/Dean-Plug-Ser...WG_p_1478.html

I agree with these guys...what are you hoping to accomplish with 2 motors? Obviously, in your post in the other thread pertaining to someone running 2 motors, you understand that 2 motors isn't going to increase your speed at all, not to mention a second motor just adds weight to the middle of the chassis, not down low...so it's not a good thing from a low center of gravity standpoint either. I'm curious.
also the mount that was linked for the SCX will add weight to one side which IMO will make it lopsided, and more prone to tipping.

If you really want twin motors go for it no one will stop you from wasting cash http://www.level3-rc.com/axial/axial...c_crawler.html