Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Crawlers power cuts out.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 05:17 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Crawlers power cuts out.

Hey guys,

My brother put 4ws in his crawler and now it seems under load it'll cut out and freeze. After a few seconds it kinda resets and he can go again. I looked at novaks website for a little more info on BEC's do you think this will fix him up? It's like when both servos and the motor need to draw a bit more power, it gives up. Oh also he has a power capacitor (spelling) hooked up but I don't think it does much for him.

Heres the [link=http://teamnovak.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=137]BEC[/link] I was looking at.

KID EVIL!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Crawlers power cuts out.

Yes he needs a BEC for the electronics circuit.

Anytime you draw that much power from the motivation circuit you need a separate circuit for the controls.

I highly recommend the Castle Creation products as they are programmable and castle has killer customer service.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:10 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

or if you wanna upgrade your ESC at the same time, get a RC4WD Outcry esc. It can handle upto 4s lipo, is for brushed motors, has a fan and has turbo BEC. It has 2 wires for the reciever...one for signal and one for power. The rx gets full power all the time, no matter how hard you are pushing the motors.
I have the duel motor outcry esc (there is a version for singal motor) and I have it on a 1/6 scale crawler running 2 60t motors and a 200+oz steering servo. servo gets full power even if the truck is on a steep hill will the motors running hard.

it sounds lik your servos are drawing so much power that the rx is not able to work...thus intermitantly cutting your radio signal.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM
KID_EVIL!

that's what I was thinking about the rx. He has the stock esc in his ax10. Castle products are good, my brother and I both run castle in some other trucks. thanks guys.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:50 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

U could connect a volt meter to the current inbuilt BEC and doubble check the amp draw and for voltage drop.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 AM
KID_EVIL!

My bro has the BEC installed (novak) from my link above. Everything is great now. See I am running the novak rooster esc and it has a built in bec with the same specs as the novak external that my bro bought. So it was a matter of figuring out the bugs. Again, thanks guys!