Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SCX10 Center Gravity

I need to know where the center of gravity is on a SCX10 G6 or the like. Not the center of gravity hieght wise, but from front to back. Like how far from the front bumper back can you balance the vehicle evenly over a point. It doesn't have to be exact, just roughly within an inch of the actual center of gravity. Side to side center of gravity isn't very important for the project, just front to back. You see, I will soon be getting an SCX10 G6 and I need the COG for a project concerning it. I couldn't find anything on the web. If you know of somewhere that it is listed, please share. Also, if you measure the COG using a stock SCX10, that would be great. It doesn't have to be a G6, just an old stock SCX10.

Thanks,
    Nate
    If it works, take it apart and find out why.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well the battery and esc are more forwards.
    Is that what u mean? I can measure when I gett home.
    Redcat tornado s30, 13 Xmods, rockslide rs10, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho
    Fav. Quote... Only the dead have seen the end of war- plato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    CG....are you trying to make it fly? LOL

Depending on what you Need the CG to be, you will likely be able to move the battery/esc/receiver around to get that CG. most people move the battery forward so that the weight is more over the front axle.
    The other option is Lead stick-on weights to get the CG you want.

Either way, no matter where the CG is stock, you will be able to adjust the CG pretty easy.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well I need to know for where exactly front to back I should mount my leaf springs on my trailer that I'm building for it. (Yeah, I know. Cart before the horse...) I would probably mount my battery up front and everything else where it says to in the manual.

Zack: Yes, that's what I mean. As if you were measuring the CG of an airplane. I don't want to change the SCX10 CG, but build the trailer to match the SCX10 CG instead. Actually, instead of measuring from the front/rear bumper, if you could measure from the center of the rear wheel forward. Like for example: The CG is 6.5" from the center of the rear wheel. That's just an example number that I threw in. Think maybe you could measure that? It would be greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I hope this is what u meant. I got ~11" from rear axle to about midways on the battery. The servo is right underneath and esc, receiver is right there too. Also from the ground to just under the battery is 4.5"
    Hope that helps if u need another measurement ill try to help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140326_162400.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	694.0 KB 
ID:	1981701
    Redcat tornado s30, 13 Xmods, rockslide rs10, axial exo terra, axial scx10 honcho

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks! So let me make sure here. If you take your finger and lift the truck up from the bottom of the chassis at 11" from the rear axle, the front, back, and center are all level and the whole truck balances over your finger? Thanks.

DH

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ok I got it. Wasnt quite sure what u meant that point from the rear axle is 7.5"
    The body is not on when I measured. With body on its like 6.5-7".. From the rear axle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It will change from truck to truck i got the rtr rubicon And the battery mounts in the back of the truck as opposed to the one in the pic so depending on where and what electronics you run i would say a scx 10 will balance about mid chasy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yeah, its vert close to mid ways. Just a bit more forward on my honcho anyways.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ok, thanks guys for being so helpful! Those measurements are exactly what I needed. I will be sure to put together a build thread when this is finished. This step of measuring and mounting the leaf springs is coming up soon in the plans, so I needed to get things figured out. Thanks again!