Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Redcat and Exceed Crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 05:09 PM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat and Exceed Crawlers

Hi everyone. I've done everthing else off-road and I want to try crawling. I understand Redcat and Exceed have/do share designs? To those of you who have used them, what are your opinions? Strengths and weaknesses of design and/or durability? Thank you. Brett
Old 05-26-2014, 08:34 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If ur going to get the redcat rs10 then get 2 new servos and ull also want to check the shocks out real good. Also, ull want to adjust the links around to make it crawl really good. It crawls well out of the box but if u go on youtube and look up the rs10 ull see some link adjustment vids. I did it to mine.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

exceed and redcat do share some designs....but not their rock crawlers.

I have not had any of the exceed 1/10 scale crawlers. I have and do currently have a exceed 1/8 scale mad torque. Great rig!
I have had 4 redcat RS10 XT crawlers. As mentioned above, the stock servos suck. A pair of MG996r metal gear servos is $20-$30. The rest of the truck is pretty good and the 4 wheel steering is an impressive feature for a sub $200 rock crawler. There are several simple mods that can make it even better, but even box stock it can do some cool things.

I wanted to try crawling but couldn't see spending $300+ for a axial...expecially if I ended up hating crawling. But the rs10 for $159 is much easier to buy. If you buy one and find you like crawling, then down the road you can sell the RS10 and put that money toward a axial or similar high-grade rock crawler.

I have also owned the redcat 1/8 scale Rockslide. That thing is simply nuts. You have to search hard for obstacles that will challenge that rig!