Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Losi comp dig unit switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:29 AM
OI812

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi comp dig unit switch

Hello all ! I had a quick question I just got a used 1/10 comp crawler with the dig unit no radio. I do not have the DX radio with the 3 position switch is there any other option for making the dig unit work or do i need to buy another radio. This truck has only one motor I have seen the switch for a two motor truck but that wont help me. I have considered putting a 3 way switch on my radio but not sure if that would work ? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you Matt
Old 06-16-2014, 07:50 AM
gokemidoro

If you know how to wire a three-position switch into a TX, it will work, otherwise, get another 3-channel TX. The "DIG" on the LCC is front AND rear. If you only require rear DIG, a 2-position switch is all you need. It is nice to have DIG at both ends, but it's not absolutely necessary, because to be effective, a crawler with front and rear DIG should have 4WS, as well. I also have an LCC, and have DIG at both ends, but can't effectively use front DIG because I can't "steer" with it, like I can rear DIG, since the rear axle has lockouts.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:43 PM
OI812

Thank you sir that is what i needed to know some one had told me there was an electric switch and i could not find it. Now I can stop looking and start playing .
Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
gokemidoro

Actually, any switch that is rated for use in a TX works. You can get them at a Radio Shack. It's just the wiring in, that I'm not sure of.

In any case, most 3 channel TX will have a "3P" function. I run Spektrum exclusively, and the DX3C and DX3R have a 3P function for at least four of their switches. I'm certain Airtronics and Futaba have the same (some of the "cheaper" radios, like Flysky have it, too). As a rule, the DX3C is the affordable alternative, and is a bit more robust than the DX3R. I have both, and I particularly like the DX3C's grip, too.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:52 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending what I are doing using a controller with only a 2 position switch should be fine.
1 dig otf
2 dig on rear only

in my experience most of the 3ch controllers only have 2 position switches, most will require modifying. I can help with Traxxas, Futaba, and Flysky controllers if u need.

personally I would recommend a Hacked Flysky GT3c from Overkillrc.com or a FlySky it4
from what I've seen compared to a spectrum, it's cheaper, more reliable, and offers more features... Especially a hacked gt3
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a video of my setup...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeAqCe7pcyc&feature=youtu.be and the thread with more information
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...scussions-179/