Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

scx10 lipo upgrade

Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i need some wideners too. the reason i got the taller tire was because i also have a lift. it's not maxed but enuff to look good
Old 01-21-2015, 06:56 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to do a minimal lift just because the drive shafts will bind if I go any higher. I have the G6 and the links are slightly shorter than the standard SCX10 so that aids the issue.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:39 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He he I've done mine different....mainly because it's been in a few comps.

ultimatly u want it low as possible.... In stock form the honcho IMO represents a 96 Toyota Hilux.... but not a stock Hilux... a Hilux with a massive lift kit and massive competition size wheels... So what I'm trying to say, scale wise it's allready considered very lifted. And the preformance reflects this... In stock form the scx10 is very top heavy and very easy to roll over..... Much like a lifted Hilux..... They can be deadly..

so what ive done to mine....it was a lot of measuring and stuffing around... But well worth it
ive fitted a lift kit but reversed it so it's like a lowering kit.
by doing that I was able to fit shocks longer shocks...110mm
then messing with different rate springs I was able to get it back to the stock ride hight.

the end result, improved crawling ability with out effecting the COG. it's running stock ride hight but it's got more suspension travel up and down.

On the big stuff it will have a higher chance of having all 4 wheels firmly planted on the ground and on the smaller stuff the body will be a lot more level so it reduces the chances of a roll over...
Old 01-23-2015, 07:57 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Brilliant!