Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

SCX24 Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Hntr11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCX24 Help

Wanted to pose a few questions and see what advice you all come up with. I recently got into the rc crawler game so I am still learning things. I have an scx24 that I’ve done a fair amount of mods to and I think I may be running into an issue. Here is a list of mods to help you all with your answers:

- brass mods (dif covers, steering links, center skid plate)

- Steel drive shafts

- high clearance 4 link

- 40mm double barrel shocks

- cvd axle shafts

- NHX 1.0” brass wheels 32g per.

- RCAWD Mickey Thompson Baja pro tires

- flubber stuffers tire inserts

- 1/12 under drive front and back

- 66T hot racing motor

- emax steering servo

- stock frame, axle housings, esc/receiver

So the issue I am experiencing is after a run the esc/ receiver seems like it’s getting to hot. Not sure if this is due to the motor upgrade (hobby tech assured me it would be compatible) or if it’s due to the added weight from the mods. Any insight would be great!

Last edited by Hntr11; 08-04-2023 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:25 PM
gixer1k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be about 90% sure that it's the extra weight of your brass. You have over 4 ozs in just wheel brass. Put the old wheels on and run a battery through it and see if that helps.
Old 08-14-2023, 12:31 PM
Hntr11

Originally Posted by gixer1k
I would be about 90% sure that it's the extra weight of your brass. You have over 4 ozs in just wheel brass. Put the old wheels on and run a battery through it and see if that helps.

That’s kinda the way I was leaning also. What’s your take on putting an upgraded esc in, say a furitek lizard or something similar?
Old 08-14-2023, 02:48 PM
gixer1k

Originally Posted by Hntr11
That’s kinda the way I was leaning also. What’s your take on putting an upgraded esc in, say a furitek lizard or something similar?
I've got a Furitek with Komodo motor in one of mine and it's a beast. I don't have as much brass as you, but I bet it would be fine.
Old 08-14-2023, 04:46 PM
Hntr11

I've got a Furitek with Komodo motor in one of mine and it's a beast. I don't have as much brass as you, but I bet it would be fine.

I’ve been looking at the cedar/esc combo they have, just hard to pull the trigger with the price tag. Also not sure if it’s worth doing with the stock rx
Old 08-15-2023, 02:07 AM
gixer1k

With the Furitek, I had enough room to put a Spektrum receiver in it so I can use my DX5 Pro radio.
Old 08-15-2023, 07:40 AM
Hntr11

[QUOTE=gixer1k;12780442]With the Furitek, I had enough room to put a Spektrum receiver in it so I can use my DX5 Pro radio.[/

I haven’t looked into a new tx/rx yet. It’s not likely that I will get into another surface vehicle; mainly a plane guy, so I’m hesitant to spend the extra money.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:32 PM
Hntr11

[QUOTE=Hntr11;12780467]
With the Furitek, I had enough room to put a Spektrum receiver in it so I can use my DX5 Pro radio.[/

I haven’t looked into a new tx/rx yet. It’s not likely that I will get into another surface vehicle; mainly a plane guy, so I’m hesitant to spend the extra money.

talked with furitek, apparently all of their esc’s are compatible with the v1 receiver 👍
Old 10-29-2023, 11:18 AM
kilo2018

I agree