Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Everest 10 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:05 PM
DaveMcKeen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everest 10 Questions

Hi! I’m brand new with RC cars and have questions about the Everest 10 I recently got up and running. If anybody has links to the information I’d be happy to dig into it.

1. The loose sheet “manual” for the ESC (Warnings – 5th *) says to always disconnect the battery from the ESC after each use or the world will end, even if the switch is off. Has that been found to be sage advice? What’s the discharge path?

2. On the receiver it looks like there is an electrical jack of some kind on the rear, just below the control panel cover. Can it be used to recharge rechargeable AA batteries? Is there an appropriate charger out there (for NiMH batteries like Powerex Pro)?

3. I don’t see a spare truck body on the spares sheet. Where to look (in case I want to change colors)?

4. Where do I find the headlights and tail lights like I see in JohnVH’s “Everest 10 Living room crawl”?

5. And the really important question- From the same post: Where do I find the tiny 2nd Amendment Stickers?

Thanks! Great forum. - Dave
Old 02-22-2019, 08:03 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My answer is in general, and not for that model in particular, but all but 2 is pretty general.

1 dunno about that ESC, but yes it is sound advice to always disconnect the battery when not in use. I remember years back someone didn't do it for awhile, and if I recall right their ESC started smoking. The battery is still connected to some parts, and depending on the battery(LiPo) that could cause it to discharge, and damage it. Generally it is good procedure to not be lazy, and remove the battery from the vehicle when not in use, and also while charging.

2 dunno that model

3 generally you can find the vehicles wheelbase, and look for bodies from that.

4 Those are just LED's you can either wire them up yourself if you have and soldering experience, or buy LED kits off ebay like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apex-RC-Pro...9Y1:rk:12:pf:0

5 most likely he made those using a printer with a clear sticker sheet. I bought a few a couple years back to make stickers for something else.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:53 PM
DaveMcKeen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much! I'm really grateful for the insight and the leads. Now to do a little homework...

Sincerely, -Dave
Old 04-20-2019, 07:29 AM
ben1272

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe batteries have an internal resistance, and the circuit itself, even though 'off' probably also has various resistive paths to complete a circuit. Probably will drain battery to zero which has been said to damage cells beyond repair. I left a pair of batteries in my truck plugged in over the winter, and one of them lost a cell and the other was difficult to 'wake up.'