Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Wicked Rc Guy Gecko 2 (jugg body on a maxx)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Wicked Rc Guy Gecko 2 (jugg body on a maxx)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:59 PM
garynjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wicked Rc Guy Gecko 2

ORIGINAL: atvrider4

you cant be serious can you? do you know why the top links are al;most parallel to the ground? becuase its mounted on top of a post to make them even HIGHER the thing about it is that if the BOTTTOM links are parallel to the ground, thats what matters, and look the bottom links are kicking outa serious angle, also THERES A BUMPER ON IT!!! no serious good crawler it gets caought up on rocks and us just added weight, also the chassis isa a bit high for a competivie crawler, so next time you try and prove me wrong, look at it again
Well, I'd still have to dissagree. My Crawler's lower links are parallell to the ground and I do like that setup. However, I've seen plenty of videos of Very good crawlers with links similar in setup to his. And, keep in mind he did say light crawling. Let's not forget that... Do you have any pics of your crawler? I'd like to see it if you have one handy.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:57 AM
pinkfloydman
Banned

i do infact have a crawler, i have my TXT, my scale TLT and my tuber im working on, just no digital camera, but once i get a camera, ill ost some pics, and put you all to shame
Old 02-14-2005, 09:11 AM
garynjr

Uh huh... Lets see some vids too...
Old 02-14-2005, 12:25 PM
shortbusjeep

once i get a camera, ill ost some pics, and put you all to shame

you can get a photo cd made from any roll of film now at most places that develope film, you can even buy the disposable ones and get them put on cd to load up.

sbj
Old 02-14-2005, 01:02 PM
airforceone

Looks nice as usual, Wicked.

Every truck built does not have to be dragged across rocks. I'm building some shelf queens right now out of a Jugg and TXT-and I probably won't run either.[:-] Bling has its place!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:41 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

ew whats the point of doing that??!?!?! its like going datinga super model, getting her, then putting her on a shelf just so you cxan look at her
Old 02-14-2005, 01:45 PM
studysession

Bling is not for everyone. Some people like it and some don't. Some love just building and show casing their RC's while others like running them till the wheels fall off. There is a place for everyone in the RC hobby.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:59 PM
monsterpede360

how much did all of those rides cost?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

Wow!! I have to say this is the first time one of my threads of turned out like this. I didn't realize that there were so many "haters" on rcu. To the rest of you guys thanks allot. This truck is just plain awsome.

O and I picked up my next project lastnight.

Got everything you see in the pics for $360.00 shipped.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
monsterpede360

Were did you get that from and what comes with it.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:06 PM
daveyboy426

Just to let you know your trucks are good looking and I'm sure they preform well. But sometimes you just have to go a little bit more off-road. Like instead of paying $400 for a new chassis and suspension i have payed about $20 to custom make my own chassis something very simalar to the Gecko 2 chassis. And I'm only 14. It might take a little time and planning but with the right mind set you can have bling and very good preformace parts that have the spefications that you want. I will have pictures some of my all custom clod buster, from 4-link to chassis it is all homemade. Pics soon!!
Old 02-14-2005, 11:08 PM
garynjr

Nice Jugg. And there really isn't a lot of haters here, Just one inperticular who has a unique way of expressing his insecurities...
Old 02-15-2005, 01:19 PM
studysession

Those are some really huge tires!!! [X(]
Old 02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
airforceone

ORIGINAL: daveyboy426

Just to let you know your trucks are good looking and I'm sure they preform well. But sometimes you just have to go a little bit more off-road. Like instead of paying $400 for a new chassis and suspension i have payed about $20 to custom make my own chassis something very simalar to the Gecko 2 chassis. And I'm only 14. It might take a little time and planning but with the right mind set you can have bling and very good preformace parts that have the spefications that you want. I will have pictures some of my all custom clod buster, from 4-link to chassis it is all homemade. Pics soon!!
But when you start making $$$ you can build a truck for bling and not pinch pennies...

If everything was built to serve one purpose, specifically in 4wd, everything would be beat-to-crap trail machines. That's not going to get somebody interested in the sport-you have to put your best foot forward...

I would much rather be approached by somebody with a cleanly built 4x4 than somebody with a beat to crap trail machine. Same thing goes for RC, the truck is still plenty functional, and sure, it could made better (so could your beater! Nothing is perfect!)
Old 02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
daveyboy426

Hey! you know I make $$$ but I can Build the close to same thing for a little of nothing why waste your money on blinging out your rock crawler if your going to beat the crap out of it. If your going to do that get in to touring car/ show cars. you know what i'm not going to sit here and watch them make things more blingy then better.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:52 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

ok i guess im the hater here so why deviate from myself, you can build funtional rigs and still make them lok good, im not saying beat the crap out of your rig, im jsut saying when ever i put something on my 1:1 or R/C i make sure they work as well, like for example, i do many trail rides at night with my 1:1 so if i broke a part i would have to pull out a flash light, so iput on rock lights, which are neon ligths, they look cool, and they work............. see?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:46 PM
shortbusjeep

my trail rig is a 86 cj it has 3 in angle iron for rocker guards cheap and strong why pay $150 for something which primarry function is to bang on rocks?

If everything was built to serve one purpose, specifically in 4wd, everything would be beat-to-crap trail machines. That's not going to get somebody interested in the sport-you have to put your best foot forward...

I would much rather be approached by somebody with a cleanly built 4x4 than somebody with a beat to crap trail machine. Same thing goes for RC, the truck is still plenty functional, and sure, it could made better (so could your beater! Nothing is perfect!)
not always true, if someone came up to you in a ford f250 with 22 inches of lift and 49 inch tires with chrome all over and no front drive shaft i would tell him he had a great looker but not a good crawler off roading is a specific sport due to all the types of terain when we go to glammis we get all types of wierd looks cause it is a bunch of crawlers folling around on the sand, off roading is a verry custom sport and to build a trail rig you must mix the best of all of them, you dont see super comp crawlers hitting mud bogs and you dont see a long bed ford on 44s gettin flexie on rocks much. every vechil has its place weather it is for show or to actully hit the trails with and also what type of trails.

now im done being on my soap box this was not ment to offend any one just my own personal views

sbj
Old 02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Wicked!!

You know its funny. I can't believe how many people here own millers, lathes, grinders, band saws, drills, and has access to blocks of aluminum to make all these parts they are talking about it. What makes me laugh even more is that I have a 4.0 in my machinest class and I still don't have the skill to build my own chassis like Rc guy and JPS does. Yet for some reason a few people in here are allready full journeymen machinests and can make awsome art out of metal.

O and btw if nobody can tell I am being very sarcastic
Old 02-15-2005, 07:10 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

yeah i dont understand a word you jsut said, and short bus jeep, ive seen a ford f250 long bed kick some butt on the rocks!!! then landed and cracked his frame and smooshed he steering box, snaped the front driveshaft, and cracked the transfercase...................................... .................................................. .....good times

also if i saw a ford with a 22 inch lift id spit on it, not because of the 22 inch lift, cause its a ford!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:35 PM
monsterpede360

how much does a jug cost?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
shortbusjeep

also if i saw a ford with a 22 inch lift id spit on it, not because of the 22 inch lift, cause its a ford!!!
why they are great tow rigs

sbj
Old 02-15-2005, 08:19 PM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

im going to have to agree lol
Old 02-15-2005, 10:03 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

yeha but your gonna be towing them home most of the time!!! Im a chevy guy, but since hevy has deviated from the solid front axle, im likeing the dodges more since they use sterling axles, but anyways, wahts this thread bout???
Old 02-16-2005, 03:12 PM
studysession

Lets keep the subject on RC. Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Wicked!!

My poor thread []

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.