Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

revo crawler is so sick

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: revo crawler is so sick

rc rac3r you are so dang funny i bet me e factor as it sits would smoke his t maxx you know why cuz he would be tunning it and preping it adjusting needles why my truck you put a batt in and im up the hill ow and for a race maxx to have reverse itss not much of a race maxx then is it
Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

It's a scam., notice how there is never smoke coming out of it? and when it passes the camara, you can see that there is no fuel in the tank. My conclusion is that it's electric, they just Nat noobs who are interested in crawling to buy a revo. it's a scam

EDITh yeah and another thing, it doesn't have any sound, it's all just music which they did on purpose so that we would belive that it's still nitro.

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

did you even watch the vid, nitro crawler suck, they used prepetual motion to get over those crappy rocks, i guess they figure if you go fast enough you can get over anything
umm... im not sure what you meant but perpetual means that it goes on for ever and never stops. scientist have been trying to make perpetual motion machines for years but they can't. You must have meant inertia
Old 08-03-2005, 11:40 PM
cardriverx

I dont see why a nitro crawler cant be as good as an eletric, just gear it way low and you will have plenty of toque, the only difference if that you acually have to tune and take care of a nitro motor where as you dont have to worry about an eletric. Also they wont over heat, like losi super truck said, the oil does alot of the cooling. Plus you can just strap a fan to a nitro motor, you eletric guys use fans on your motors anyway. as I see it both eletric and nitro trucks can be crawlers. I just like nitro cause of the realisim
Old 08-06-2005, 04:01 PM
GTdirtracer

how did u get a picture of my t-maxx not
Old 08-12-2005, 03:47 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

gt dirtracer you obviously dont know crap about rc and definitly not crawling, your gonna bash on me when i have all these people backing me up, trust me i know much more about crawling than you do, nitros dont have the responsive torque an electric does, when crawling you need something that can run at low speeds for prolonged periods of time, nitros can run at low speed for awhile but nitros only build up torque when accelerating, its called a powerband and it starts too fall when it reached really high rpm's, at low rpm's nitros just cannot produce the amount of torque needed to get over around and between rocks,
Old 08-12-2005, 06:45 PM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

i have a duratrax torq.12 and damn that thing is torque and pulls my maxxes frunt wheels off the grond at half throtel and man froma stand still and will flip over backwords even when i put the wheelie bar on it
Old 08-13-2005, 09:50 AM
stampede101

uhhh....trust us dude..ur gettin creamed here....electric has stump pullin power right off the bat at like 3 MPH, while nitro has to get up rpm to get some torque..the only reason nitros get over stuff is that they are going real fast ..there is no skill involved..
Old 09-10-2005, 08:23 PM
BrotherBjork
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

gt dirtracer you obviously dont know crap about rc and definitly not crawling, your gonna bash on me when i have all these people backing me up, trust me i know much more about crawling than you do, nitros dont have the responsive torque an electric does, when crawling you need something that can run at low speeds for prolonged periods of time, nitros can run at low speed for awhile but nitros only build up torque when accelerating, its called a powerband and it starts too fall when it reached really high rpm's, at low rpm's nitros just cannot produce the amount of torque needed to get over around and between rocks,
True, 2-stroke nitro engines not only have a high power band but also "load up" with fuel after periods of prolonged idling time often resulting in engine failure. I believe that this behavior could be improved with lower gear ratios and the right clutch though or maybe even some sort of direct drive/slipper system, who knows but I'm sure we'll all find out. The 2-stroke is still not suited well for crawling no matter what and a 4-stroke solution would be much more feasible for nitro crawling. Personally I'm surprised we haven't seen a 4-stroke nitro crawler on the market yet and I'm certain someone is doing it as I type this.... It just makes too much sense. The same can be said for the MT market also, it's just a matter of time as well as a natural progression for the hobby I believe. As far as cooling, the problem could easily be eliminated by either an electric or mechanical powered fan system to force air over the engine continuously. With all that said though can we please get back to the topic at hand? Is anyone out there crawling with a Revo besides Steve Slayden and the people at Traxxas?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:18 AM
supernova803

People who say nitros can crawl, obviosuly have never tried it. If you get an x factor or mad force, and try to crawl it, expect alot of broken drivetrain pieces and many many burned up clutches. Electric has instant torque. Plus, if you say its more realistic---Have you ever heard a screaming 2 stroke in a crawler? But I would LOVE to see a 4 stroke crawler in action.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:07 PM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

god am i watching a dif movie then everyone? no offense but that thing was far from impressive. it was going over small stuff which is not hard and at slow speeds. even my stock e-maxx could do the same stuff, in fact its gone far more places than that but it has limits hence why i bought a true crawler. if there was footage of it going over something that was actually requiring any kind of articulation what so ever then maby i could see what it could handle.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:27 AM
TerraCrushing

Old 11-09-2005, 12:57 PM
FANTOM27REVO
My Feedback: (1)

From waht Ive read on this entire thread it looks like nitro rock crawlers suck and various people have stated the reasons why. First thing that happened is you gave up. So the engine may overheat idleing around ( put a small fan on it ) so the clutch dont engage till 3300 rpm, ( put lighter springs or spring on it .

lock the slipper ( as stated earlier ) gear it super low and spool the diffs and your golden. Does anyone dissagree ?

I am building a revo crawler and it has a center diff, double reduction belt drive, 4 wheel steering and I can dis-engage the front axle for super tight turns on the rocks. Im waiting for the traxxas spools as well When its closer to completion I will post pics.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
LoneWolf2

I could really care less what crawls better if you ask me, I just cant believe grown up's and older teens that i thought were mature would argue over somthin this stupid, this is elementary stuff that yall are arguing over, just get over it, let people think what they want, you dont allways have to correct them, let them learn from there mistakes.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
screwloose

i just can't resist this.....
i DO wanna try to outrun your revo!! i'd like to see it doing this:
[link]http://www.rcpics.net/img/61681[/link]
or maybe this:
[link]http://www.rcpics.net/img/61680[/link]
or even this:
[link]http://www.rcpics.net/img/61679[/link]
when your revo can do that, i'll sell my REAL crawler and shave my head to become a monk!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Jimwm5l

The above links doesn't really show me anything my Revo cant do. It will crawl up a curb like that. Of course it is not stock. I think the torque in the electric is better suited to crawl if that is all you do with it. I like a LOW geared nitro powered Revo for everyday use.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:20 AM
screwloose

yeh right!!!
a revo will NEVER EVER do that!!!!!!
the movie is nice but there's almost no crawling in it, i don't see stare's or a big curbstone, the one i do see is a ramp-shaped log, you can do that with a buggy! in that opinion its a fake movie.
when you look at it from a nitro/truck perspective it crawls pretty nice, from a crawler perstective it's rubbisch couse it's downhill and a curb it will take will be the sidewalk, nothing more! i'm talking about crawling, not jumping around! it's like the difference between a landrover and a chevy pickup!
take a look over here to learn about REAL crawlers!
[link]http://www.rccrawler.com/[/link]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 AM
studysession

All -

I had to delete posts from this thread. We do not allow bashing or cussing of any kind in the forums. Please refrain from doing so. If it continues we will take further action on those members who cannot follow the forum rules.

Thanks you.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:30 AM
savagecommander

mark my words guys, youve challenged me, and now ive got a mission.i will make a nitro crawler and prove that nitro CAN be used as a crawler.and if i fail,ill post and you can use my defeat against me and anyone who brings up the post.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:48 PM
shortbusjeep

all the power to you but it has been tryed and it wont work well, there are way to many disadvantages to it.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:57 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Damn you!!! Why the **** did you dig up this flame war?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:10 PM
RC RAC3R

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Damn you!!! Why the **** did you dig up this flame war?
thats what i was gonna say... why revive a thread from last year... lol...
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
madcratebuilder

ORIGINAL: savagecommander

mark my words guys, youve challenged me, and now ive got a mission.i will make a nitro crawler and prove that nitro CAN be used as a crawler.and if i fail,ill post and you can use my defeat against me and anyone who brings up the post.
A lot of people have tried to make a nitro crawler. I modded the he!! out of my Revo. I crawles small stuff, but it's not even close to my Clod based crawler.
I don't think a nitro rig could even finish a comp course, let alone the whole event. It wouldn't keep up in a "follow the leader" bash.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Automan

People who say nitros can crawl, obviosuly have never tried it.
I totally agree. To those kids that say that nitro can crawl don't know jack shait about rock crawling. The things those people do is bash small crappy rocks (more like gravel ) and then say that's rock crawling [:'(] Please take time to find out about rc rock crawling before you say anything about it.

For me personally, i wouldn't touch that pos nitrostuff [:'(] I love my electric rock crawler and big scale gasoline cars.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Combatcm

Haha, ouch. I think traxxas took it off because of all the bad publicity.

It's not a good crawler, but it looks like fun to just bounce around.

Traxxas can't take any kind of negative critisism.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Anomie

Just to do it, I'm building a 4-stroke .63"-size engine liquid-cooled crawler with a pumped, closed-loop radiator and reservoir cooling system. Very heavy, and reasonably low CG to keep it upright. 20" wheelbase and just over 33lbs. I don't know if it will work well, but I am doing it nonetheless.

Worst case, it can haul my groceries from the market with ease. Heh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.