Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 PM
ziz nylint style
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

ORIGINAL: yz rider

how do you do a tuck the bottom up a little more for ground clearence??
in my tummytuck i cut the bottom of the "transfer case" with a dremel(use the good cutting blade) and replaced the bottom w/ wood and some plastic i molded to fit the outside. i cut the body to acc. the battery being raised up and just move the ele. where you want just b shure they dont touch[img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25286.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	894193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50868.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	894194  
Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM
2k2wranglerx
My Feedback: (1)

the red one has been stretched, wheels narrowed, siped tires, cut tires, savage oil coilovers etc

pink one has had wheels narrowed,

blue one has been stretched, belly up, wheels narrowed, cut tires,

Old 06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
1stgencrawler

RE:Nylint 1/6 Jeep Rock Crawler.
wal-mart sold them about 2 years back.

Hey gang...
I'm trying ta find one of these for a fair used price.It does not need to be clean,pristine condition,just fully functional,with radio and batt/charger...
will be modified anyway.....
If anybody has one or hears of one for sale,Drop me an e-mail-Please!!!

[email protected]
Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
bonmot

I want to buy a 1/6 Nylint Rock Crawler. My email:[email protected]
Thank you!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Anomie

I'm seeing many 'wanted' posts showing up in this thread. Please remember that buying and selling must remain outside the discussion forums as per the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm]RCU Community Rules[/link].

Thank you!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 AM
bonmot

I bought a used one today. It is just nice.
After a few minutes play, I am loving it!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:09 PM
g master

where can I buy just the body
Old 11-09-2008, 06:27 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: g master

where can I buy just the body
Ebay or try the want adds on rc sites is about it.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 AM
merlynwylld

I guess I will have to start searching eBay my self. Had mine parked on the plastic lifters for at least 24 months. I can’t believe reading these posts how much and how quick time has gone by. I took mine down and charged the battery afraid maybe over charged it, if possible. .
I have the yellow rollbar humvee model. Bought it in mid 2006 when doing construction renovating the old home place. It’s power amazed me. Hooked a magnetic nail pickup roller to the back and let my niece drive it around, up and down the drive way. I expect it paid for itself in saving flat tires.
Now when I give it juice to go it just lunges 6 inches then stops, does it again, over and over in both forward & reverse, steering works fine, normal response time & movement. I know this is considered more in the “toy†category than other Rock Crawlers, but like a previous poster said it does fine. Now the bad part is the parts! All I need I hope is a new 12 volt lead acid. It looks about the size used in alarm system power back ups, but not sure. SunOX the name on the unit appears to be gone. Funrise.com makes no mention of it either. I emailed them just to see but I expect the dead zone letter. So any ideas on it? Is the lunge the battery? Meter said 10.1 volts, I did get side tracked by 3 weeks or so after charging before trying it. Seems it used to do better than that. It would used to go forever! Thanks for any nfo in adavnce!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 AM
CrunchyMetal

Indeed mine do the same thing when they are dead. Check Walmart's selection of 12v ride on toy batteries. I have seen these converted to Nicad hobby batteries as well, good luck finding anything with the runtime of the lead acid batteries though.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 AM
mikeeh

The original battery in those crawlers was junk. Lots of problems with them. Mine was dead from new in the box and never ran right - it ran just like you describe!

I bought a new battery and it worked fine. I wish I had not bought a new battery because I discovered that two 7.2 volt R/C batteries connected in series will run it perfectly as well! I ran it off those till I sold it last summer.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:18 AM
CrunchyMetal

How did it work on the Nicads? I know the big heavy lead battery had quite a bit to do with weight balast and crawling realism. I bet adding weight to the tires instead would make it stick like glue.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
merlynwylld

Thanks for the confirmation that it was the battery, and the link to MaxAmps. I searched ebay right after posting this and found one for 15.00 plus shipping. But didn't order. Next thing I know its now and the Nylint is still in the corner on it's back now instead of on the plastic lifters. A lot easier that way! Your idea about two batteries in series is a good thought too. I just did another search and came up with a fellow that must have lucked into a bunch of them. They are alarm system back up batteries too like I thought. I really want that long runtime that lead acid gives, I've never seen any other RC vehicle actually tire a 8 year old out like I did that one when it was new. Put them to work with the magnetic nail roller like I mentioned
These new batteries are about double the amp hours too! Heres the link, I'd grab one at the 5.00, plus 10 shipping just to have! I think they will be a lot harder to find and get the next time I look! [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/12-VOLT-BATTERY-1-6-SCALE-NYLINT-ROCK-CRAWLER-12VDC-5ah_W0QQitemZ130316993322QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_ Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e577f832a&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A25]Nylint 1/6 12 volt Lead Acid #1[/link]
There is another fellow that has them but he starts at 25.00.
I had thought about trying to improve traction of the tires too. There are some obstacles that it should be able to traverse, but doesn't get a bite into to pull it's self over. Once I get it rolling again I may have to experiment in that area. Thanks again all! PS It really amazes me what these old 1/6 Nylint Rock Crawlers are bringing on eBay, some go for more than I paid on close out!!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
4DrMopar
My Feedback: (10)

ok, so without reading 500 pages of this post, is there a cure for the nylon peices in teh gearbox on the axle that breaks?? anyone making replacements?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:20 AM
THE BASHER

ORIGINAL: CrunchyMetal

They are at Walmart for $149 RTR and there will soon be a Sniper rock buggy version. I did a search and fornd a site with some amateur vids but they weren't very spectacular.
really!! $149.00, i would have got one a while back, they had them on sale in england for £15.00 or about $30.00 at the time, i just thought they were crap thats why i didn't touch it grrr
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM
carmaniac627

hey guys sorry to dig this thread up, but i was just wondering..is anyone out there still running these things? i just dug mine out today and did a few small mods like cutting out the front fenders, adding a spare tire on the roof and a driver
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53977.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1266108  
Old 08-31-2009, 08:05 AM
CrunchyMetal

Yeah, I have a driver and one that barely has a scratch. The Hulk drives mine. Still have to tear into them and modify stuff to keep em running. So much fun because of the scale realism.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:28 AM
4DrMopar
My Feedback: (10)

you sayyou keep modifying yours? Have you had the broken plastic coupler issue on the axles inside the axle cases? I have a PRISTINE unit here, but has those 2 proken plastic axle couplers, could you shed any light on a fix?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
carmaniac627

the same thing happened to mine a while ago with the plastic couplers so i bought front and rear gen 4 internals off ebay for mine and havent had a problem since. the generation 4 axles are built much better and they have metal couplers instead of plastic. heres a link to the front gen 4 axle
[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/Nylint-Rock-Crawler-1-6-Scale-Front-Axle-for-Jeep-RC_W0QQitemZ120464475243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_C ontrol_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c0c3e046b&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116[/link]
hope that helps
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
merlynwylld

This thread is just like the NyLint Rock Crawler... it just keeps going! I looked at the axle on eBay and realized I had no way of knowing what Gen mine was, looks the same as far as I can tell without taking it apart. Are there any outside clues?
The new lead acid battery was a perfect fit! Also the info that they lurch and lunge was a good diagnosis that it was the battery because it's back to being it's old self.
I also discovered that if you spray Silicon lubricant on the tires it is soaked up by the rubber almost instantly and makes them more pliable again. That helps some with the skating along an object that you know it can climb over. Anyone done any good tire mods to give it a better grip?
These are defiantly a yard sale hunt item, they are getting to the age that I expect them to start showing up there and they really are better built than one would have ever thought to have been a WalMart toy category item. Oh, there is no need to go there looking for 12 volt batteries, the few they have for the kids ridding jeep etc cost more than car or lawn mower batteries!!! [&o] No WalMart smiley face for that!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
carmaniac627

the only outside differences on the gen 4 axle are the part where there's screws above the steering knuckles and also the steering knuckles themselves are shaped a little bit different but for some reason the one i got didnt have the different shaped knuckles but it did have the good internals because i took it apart and swapped the internals into the axle case that was already on mine so then i wouldnt have to go snipping any wires
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM
merlynwylld

Thanks, mine does have a phillips head screw right to the left and right of the front suspension springs, and on either side of the phillips there is a smaller screw head that look more like a triangle than a phillips. It doesn't matter I'm not going to be tearing into it until "Knock on Wood" something goes wrong. I was cleaning out a drawer and came across the Owners Manual and the CD that came with it and my version is modeled after a Scorpion, I'd forgotten that, and that they where a real vehicles too!
http://scorpioncars.com/ That is just the top plastic from what I can tell and there is no difference from the Jeep and other shells they had. I also noticed that if I wanted to get creative that every part of the plastic top shell is held in place with phillips, I could disassemble and do something about the buttercup yellow, but from what I've been seeing it might be a mistake cause these things are becoming collector items per what I've seen on ebay pricing and the last page on the url that was on the Owners manual http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...=13495&page=13
Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
rootster

Hello. Newbie here. Just picked a used 1:6 over the weekend. Got a second battery, remote and charger from different guy who fried his Nylint and sold them to me. Fresh battery in the remote and a full charge on the battery in the Jeep. In high gear and frequencies on the same setting on remote and Jeep it will lurch ahead, [ause lurch ahead again etc. Steering will work but it is almost like it is on a 'time delay.' Any ideas or advice? PO made no mods to the jeep. TIA.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
CrunchyMetal

They do that when the battery is dead or no good. Usually...... There were some posts about getting replacements on Ebay
Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 AM
freakycrawler21

nice to see this thread is still going!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif] i was wondering if i was the only one who still plays with and modifies mine!!!
i just added a set of LED head and taillights to mine. going to atempt the tummy tuck tomorrow. i forgot how much fun these things were!
anyone have any recent pics of theirs!?!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.