Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Old 09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
CrunchyMetal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

Let's see your mods and pic's. Any problems, fixes or upgrades? Any questions for people who have them? Here's mine so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11968.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	319782  
Old 09-05-2005, 06:04 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Nylint 1/6th scale Rock Crawler

?s Mite be fun to take in the M. Home campin. How fast / how slow / good control ? / tire height / ground clearance / length / width / run time / weight / 4 wheel I assume / wheel travel. thanx for your time
Old 09-05-2005, 12:56 PM
CrunchyMetal

Low gear is very low, about 1mph. It churns like a bulldozer! High gear which switches via the remote might be 6 or 7 mph. Adeuqate for moving from obsticle to obsticle but not much good for bombing around. Controls are very proportional and very acurate. Very powerful steering. Tire height is about 7" x 2.5" and look very scale. Super soft and locked to the rim. Ground clearance is about 3" under the axles and a bit more under the belly. It's 24" longx 15" high x11" wide, quite large and pretty heavy around 30 lbs, but the weight and CG is perfect and very realistic. as is the detail. It has a 12v lead acid battery which holds most of the weight. I can't really say what the run time is since I haven't been able to run it dead in one sitting. It is quite long. It has about 6" of articulation at each wheel which seems to be quite scale. It's true 4x4 with locked diffs. Verry fun package!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:54 PM
boost918

My wife hates mine, mostly cause the battery takes forever to run down. Going on three days now with out a recharge. My buddy has a high end crawler, sorry don't know the lingo, and while his may be faster mine is just as capable. Went everywhere his did.
Originally an r/c flyer I wanted to try something but didnt want to spend tons of dough on something I would lose interest in. I'm addicted
Old 09-07-2005, 05:53 PM
aprobert1981

I got mine about a month ago, havn't modified it yet. just some body damage I tried to go through a rock crack and it bit back tore one of the sticker off and put a nice scrach down the side. Here is a couple of shots I took.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82962.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	321052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35633.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	321053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77391.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	321054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37150.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	321055  
Old 09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
CrunchyMetal

It's amazing what they'll go over. It's fun to ride the tetering edge of rolling. This thing suprises me everytime I use it. I have an evergrowing rock pile I run it on, as well as a wood pile.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

yeah thay seem cool i heard that thay will be comming out withen the next few months thay will have a full line of replacement and hopup parts and its from walmart yeeeeeeeepeeeee
Old 09-23-2005, 12:02 AM
yar12

Hi,i have one of these in 1:6 th scale and have a few questions for it.
i charged the battery for 18 hours for the first time like it said and it only lasted about 10 minutes in lowgear in some dirt,light mud.
secondly,whenever the TC changes between low and high no matter how long i wait it will make gear grinding/stripping noises but then works fine,is this normal? thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
JasonInAugusta

yar, that's normal.

The axles need to engage from one gear to the other.

Just shift and apply a small amount of throttle for a brief moment until the truck shifts.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:50 PM
yar12

about the battery length,it seems liek the motors are overheating and turning themselves off for a few seconds at a time,is this normal or is there some mud/dirt buildup?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:48 PM
CrunchyMetal

I've run both of mine in some pretty hard core rocks, so bad that the tires get jambed and won't turn. I went for almost a half hour and hadn't killed it. You might want to contact the manufacturer about the battery or the charger possibly being defective. They seem to want to stick by the product. It may just need to be charged again. It appears to be some sort of peak charger, and may have shut off prematurely. Since it its a lead acid battery I think you can "top off" the charge when ever you want without any battery memory problem. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 PM
hpiguy

Do these have fully proportional throttle and steering?
Old 09-24-2005, 08:37 AM
JasonInAugusta

Yes
Old 09-24-2005, 09:37 AM
CrunchyMetal

The steering control is exteemly fine. Perfect for controling movements over rocks and the steering is very deliberate and powerful, but not very fast. But it doesn,t need to be. One thing ive noticed is you can climb quite a bit larger scale rocks than in real life. That's what makes them so fun.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Sergio M
My Feedback: (1)

Hello
Where Can I buy one of these 1/6 scale trucks and how much do they cost. I love the scale looks and it seems to be a lot of fun[>:].I would also like to know if they make a different body. and last but not least,does any body have a video yet.Thank you
Old 09-25-2005, 02:47 PM
CrunchyMetal

They are at Walmart for $149 RTR and there will soon be a Sniper rock buggy version. I did a search and fornd a site with some amateur vids but they weren't very spectacular.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Twiss

My buddy told me I had to get one, so I did.. He has had his for 3 days and I got mine yesterday. He had an extra battery so I didn't have to wait (what a good friend).. After about an half hour of getting use to it we headed for the rocks.. Well after about an hour we have sustained some damage.

We both have some good scratches (just about everywhere).

The upsetting part is after only 3 days he has managed to break his front axle.. He no longer has front wheel drive.. Any Idea? (hope it doesn't happen to mine)

I did take the body of mine apart last night and Custom paint it to match my 98 Jeep Wrangler (Corney I know). But that orange wasn't doing it for me.

Its pretty cool how it acts like a real Jeep... I was able to right myself when on my side..

What would Like to Change:

Well the Steering is far from what it needs to be.... When your pinched up on the rocks the Steering will not work, it just strains....
Old 10-09-2005, 04:59 PM
CrunchyMetal

Sounds like you can break the drivetrain if you get jambed into some tough rocks. I've done it with mine and backed off because I assumed replacement parts would impossible to find. Same thing happens in real life. I just snapped the front axle on my blazer. We should hassle the munufacturer for parts. I can't imagine they could make the steering any better and be practical cost wise. Upgrades would be nice. I'm suprised people are breaking these things. They will usually have some slipper to insure no breakage. Usually at the cost of performance, on a non-hobby level R/C.
The skid plates bug me because they keep catching and hanging me up. I'm making a set of aluminum ones for mine.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
brokeneck

Sup guys...Im thinking of getting one of these 1/6th scale crawlers..my buddy bought a little one($40 bucks well spent) and its too funny to watch that thing crawl over stuff like a full scale!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:50 AM
bdoug

ORIGINAL: Twiss

The upsetting part is after only 3 days he has managed to break his front axle.. He no longer has front wheel drive.. Any Idea? (hope it doesn't happen to mine)

They will sell you a complete drive train/chassis for $69.99, but I doubt you'll be able to get a single axle. However, with enough request, maybe they will.

PDF replacement part order form http://www.funrise.com/media/pdf/nyl...equestform.pdf

Home page http://www.funrise.com/
Old 10-14-2005, 08:58 AM
bdoug

Oops, double post
Old 10-15-2005, 08:25 PM
brokeneck

I bought one today..got it charging now..Im going to take it tomarrow to the track. I'll get some pics
Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ur going to bring a 7 mph crawler to the track? lol
Old 10-15-2005, 10:42 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

question for you guys:

can you fit savage oil shocks on this? it seems to have friction shocks i believe, and i was wondering if savage shocks would fit, because they are so long.

thanks
Old 10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
brokeneck

sup MM,

Yea Im going to take it to the track with me later today...we got some big hills by the track. Lol Im not talking about racing it man...
I was also wondering about the savage shocks but im not going to take my savage shocks off to see...im tryin to sell it..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.