Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Twin detonator crawler completed! pics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Twin detonator crawler completed! pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
supernova803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin detonator crawler completed! pics

Ok, after alike 120 hours of trial and error work(this project started about a year ago) I finally have a finsihed project. At one time i actually had 15 inches of center clearance and a 22 ich wheelbase lol. I custom made a 1 link suspension. First of its kind I THINK. Oh, don't nag on my braising too bad. I'm only 15 and haven't perfected the skill yet. Well here are some pics, and let me know what i need to do to make it a better crawler. Also, Can I gear this thing down? what about a gd600? I could do lathes, but I'd rather gear down. here ya go....

Old 11-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Transmission
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Twin detonator crawler completed! pics

THat has to be one of the wierdest crawlers i've seen yet but i am giving you props ive been working on my crawler for quite a while it is wierd looking too so i ell you keep on going.
its not bad it wierd wierd is different not bad i am not bashing on you.
It actually looks like parts of it are solderd together if thats what it is. well it depend is it stable and does it crawl good could we possibly get a video.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Transmission

oops db post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 PM
dannthenitroman

wow ! cantilevers and independant suspension, has it been done before?

Dann
Old 11-10-2005, 02:18 AM
bylandandair

I'm not sure what else you've done to it but the biggest improvement you can do if you haven't already is lock the front and rear differentials. I read somewhere about being able to gear down the twin dagger/twin detonator. ALso I'd go with some 4inch duratrax oil filled shocks if you can afford it. Doesn't have to be the most expensive but just something that better than plastic. Here's a link to where I posted a picture and info on my set up with my wild dagger.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3521485/anchors_3521485/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3521485[/link]

I'm still running the stock IFS linkage system and it's an awesome crawler with the modifications I've done so I can imagine your's should have lots of potential! Good job so far, keep it up!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:57 PM
supernova803

Thanks for the props guys! T2master, I braised the chassis together. I really wanted something crazy for this project, and thats what I got! I will eventually paint some of the braisings, and clean everything up once I make sure everything works properly. It crawls pretty good, but it needs to be geared down badly. I'm thinking of a gd600 if it will fit, or a lathe motor.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:34 AM
WickedJester

Well I like it. Pretty nice for a made from scratch. I especially like the old Chevy body you went with. Is it just me.. Or is that an odd suspension design though? I dont think I've ever seen the coil over set so far back. Does it work well like that?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Transmission

O ok supernova and good job. [sm=thumbup.gif]I hope my crawler comes out as good as yours.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:35 PM
supernova803

WickedJester. I had to set the shocks that far back to have clearance for the motors. Actually, I do believe this is the first crawler of its kind. Maybe it will start a revolution. lol. It actually works great and there is 0 binding. It turned out way better than I thougt it would!
I really like the 57 chevy body, But the one I have on there now is old, and the paint isnt so great. I'd like to put an SUV body, or a Full size Silverado body on it when i get the money. thanks.