Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Revo Based Crawler (Nitro/Gas)

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Revo Based Crawler (Nitro/Gas)

Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 AM
mechanicalbob
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo Based Crawler (Nitro/Gas)

Well Here is another engine that might work good as a crawler engine it is a [link=http://www.mecoa.com/compagnucci/index.htm]Italian Mill[/link]. It is a .39 gasser that is forced air cooled, low rpm running. I havent found just the engine yet But I am looking.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63026.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	422995  
Old 03-09-2006, 07:50 AM
bandi

Looks like it has a fan driven off the crank under the red cover... so many ideas.... LOL...
Old 03-11-2006, 03:39 AM
mechanicalbob

Here is another gearing idea it is a [link=http://www.maxonmotorusa.com/files/catalog/2003/pdf/03_Technik_kurzund_buendig_gear_28_29_e.pdf]planetary gear[/link] with this you can get 68:1 or more just depends on what you want. To make it work in nitro.......small clutch bell 14t or so to mount inside the planet gears..........the output shaft..........straight coupled to the input shaft of the Revo/Maxx tranny......eliminating the spur gear. The smallest one I have found so far is only 2 inches long with a 48:1 gearing so it wouldn't take up too much space.

Steve
Old 04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
bandi

The smallest one I have found so far is only 2 inches long with a 48:1 gearing so it wouldn't take up too much space.
Steve... did you ever geta price for this item... it would make things so much easier !!! or even where to buy them... ??? Thanks Much...

Sorry I have not been on in a while, my older daughter (21) moved back home for the first time sice she was 18 and took over my hobby room as her bedroom... since then, I have not had time to clear out the basement and/or shed to set up a new shop area... soon I hope tho !!!...

Leroy...
Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
mechanicalbob

I can get you a gear set that has a 8:1 or a compound of 64:1. email me at [email protected] and I will see about getting you a set. with this set up in 8:1 you can get a final ratio of from 97:1-about 127:1. in the compound set up it would be around 480:1 witch would be a bit much.

Steve
Old 07-07-2006, 05:01 PM
byebye

Let's talk a little more Nitro crawling!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 PM
dezfan

Some interesting ideas and problem solving.