Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
savageeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i do

hello i would appreciate it very much if you could give me some advice on this truck. I have been in to RC's for bout 5 years but nitro. I saw a crawler and got hooked. I do not know anything bout electrics but if you could tell me if i should get this truck and what you think about it i would be very happy.

Thank you

http://cgi.ebay.com/XTM-X-Factor-roc...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-24-2007, 08:23 AM
co_alpine
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: what should i do

that is not a bad looking truck, I have a NN chassis and love it (on clod axels). I would also look at http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/ as they have RTR kits. about the only place I have seen that will put together a full kit based on good parts that you can build up.
the Bender chassis option is a great deal for a 2.2 class rig, the cheaper kit is not bad but it uses the stock tranny so it is belt drive which can cause issues.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 PM
savageeater

would it be a good starter truck and how well will it crawl
Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
johnrobholmes

That would be a decent starter truck, but you will run out of stuff to crawl pretty quick. That is a big truck. A 2.2 based rig would be better IMO.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:47 PM
ridgewalker

Just my 0.02 The Wheely King made by HPI is a really good truck to get.Depending on your skill level you can build anything with it the axels are awesome the truc crawls ok in stock form the center of gravity is a bit high but with some longer links to lenghten the w/b it is much more capable