Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Revamped my 4x4 WK...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revamped my 4x4 WK...

Here is my WK. Stretched it to 11.5" using alliminum rod with stainless steel all thread. Locked the diffs with thick hot glue, from a glue gun. Just added the Losi shocks, Pro-Line Hammer tires, Proline bead locks and Integy 55 turn motor today. Still using the stock spur gear but I've installed a 20 tooth pinion. All I'm missing now is a saddle pack to mount low in the center of the chassis, on eather side, to lower the CG and balance out this rig. I have a 6000mah Lipo strapped to the center, rear links.

And just painted up a Pro-Line Bushwacker body to fit the streched wheelbase. It's not centerd, I just threw it on top for the pictures.

Still need to finish trimming it and install the stickers. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out!

Let me know what you think!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Revamped my 4x4 WK...

nice job on the body. if you put the lipo over the front upper links, it will crawl better.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 AM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revamped my 4x4 WK...

Thanks, but the lipo wont fit up front with the servo mounted there too. Thats why I have it low in the rear till i get a saddle pack. It seems to help a bit with the front popping up but I know its not the optimal mounting place for it. I just didnt want to go through the hassle of flipping the factory battery mount around to the front.