Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Difference between 1.9 and 2.2 wheels

Hi all, Im very interested in rock crawlers. And I took a step ahead with the purchase of my first crawler - Tamiya CR01. Now theres something bugging me and that is the wheels. I had looked at different threads and forums but i cant find anything that specify the difference between 1.9 and 2.2 wheels. What does they mean by 1.9 or 2.2 wheels? Is it the wall diameter or the tyre thickness. Pardon me for the quest as im a noob in the crawler scene...........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Difference between 1.9 and 2.2 wheels

It is the size of the wheel. Outside diameter. 2.2 tires go with 2.2 wheels.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1.9" and 2.2" refer to the diameter of the wheel. 2.2s are used for all competition crawlers and some scale crawlers. Most scale crawlers use 1.9s because the look more realistic on 1/10 vehicles.

The biggest one is a monster tire, the middle a 2.2", and the smallest is a 1.9".
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks guys....i got it. So that means if i want to replace the the tyres and wheels for my CR01, it got to be 1.9. To be more scale. So can i use my old wheels back?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So if i have a bunch of 1.9 tyres that i used on my other vehicles i can used in my PTI Crawler; actually i have 2.2 tyres on it but my son and i used for fun not into the competition ; it is ok to swab from 2.2 to 1.9 and whatother pinion can i use. thanks for any help can provide.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sCram_U

thanks guys....i got it. So that means if i want to replace the the tyres and wheels for my CR01, it got to be 1.9. To be more scale. So can i use my old wheels back?
    1.9 and 2.2 refer to the wheel diameter. Your CR01 comes with 2.2 wheels and tires. If you want to change to 1.9 tires then you'll need to also get a set of 1.9 wheels. The hexes on the back of the wheels are the same so they should just bolt right onto your truck.

Also just realize that the smaller the tires you use the less capable your truck will be. Its just a trade off that you'll have to decide if it is worth it for you. 1.9" wheels/tires look more scale but aren't as capable. 2.2 tires are larger and more capable but dont look as scale. I'd say to decide what you're looking for and go with that. If you're looking to build a competition crawler then you'll definitely want to go with the 2.2s. If you're looking to build something scale looking then the 1.9s may be better.
    Mike
    RCNewz.com