Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

"BEGINNER" NEEDS YOUR HEPL ????

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

"BEGINNER" NEEDS YOUR HEPL ????

Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
CRAWL T.T.T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "BEGINNER" NEEDS YOUR HEPL ????

HEY GUYS
I want to get my son (8) a entry level crawler.I sent out a post and read a bunch of others,thank you for all your input. So far I came up with 3 units to chose from,unless you guys know different?
1. Losi mini crawler
2. Rockslide RS-10
3. Dura Trax cliff climber
foot notes- The hobby shop said the losi mini was the way to go,it crawled a lot slower or better than the cliff climber.I seen the video of the RS-10 and it looks like it does a great job. Could you guy's give me your input on each truck???? What brakes on these things and how easily can I get parts ????One other thingI have two new battery packs that fit the cliff climber( 6 cell) can i fab then into the other two trucks as back up for later?Ilike the SCX10 and the CR01 ,but a little pricey for a entry level,maybe later if he wants to go to the next level.
Thank You for all your help
Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE:

The only one of those three I've had is the Losi and it is a very nice rig. Your best bet is probably to go with what your hobby shop supports. There's nothing worse that waiting for a week or more for parts to get you running again. [:@]

If I were going to buy a crawler for my sons (5 and 7) I would choose the Losi over the other two without a thought.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
adale4130

Default RE: RE:

I would second the Losi MRC.. nice quality rig, and would be a great choice for that age i would think
Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

+1 losi MRC...
Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM
firekidco2

Losi mrc is the best money spent.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
THE BASHER

Default RE:

mrc the others are made of cheap materials and break to easy
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
cubnpede82

Get the Losi MRC out of those 3.... or get the SCX10 TR for 100 more and you get a real nice trail setup......... the Losi MRC comes with 2.4 and a batt and charger, and is an awesome deal.............. I don't have one but they run good at comps, I've seen em go and I've seen em from stock to fully modded. great trucks..........
Old 11-24-2009, 09:48 PM
BADASSPONY

Default RE:

For an entry level, get the Rockslide!! Alot of the Axial parts fit it and for the price you cant go wrong. As for cheap parts mentioned above, I have a buddy that had his for about 3 months and runs the hell out of it without breaking anything!!!