Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Should I Drill Holes for Water Runs in SCX10?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Should I Drill Holes for Water Runs in SCX10?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:22 PM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I Drill Holes for Water Runs in SCX10?

For water runs on my AX10 I have drilled holes in the wheels as a lot of people have done and I cut small holes into the stock Rock Lizzards as well, but I did not cut holes in the tires though when I upgraded to HB Rovers.

On my new SCX10 I have read mixed reviews on drilling holes in the wheels. Some say yes some say no. What is everyone doing for their 1.9 wheel setup for water runs?
Old 12-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Straick

Default RE: Should I Drill Holes for Water Runs in SCX10?

I know it's not a crawler, but the same basic thing applies. By running beadlocks on my Revo(which sees a lot of mud, muck, water, and snow), when water gets in, I just take them apart to allow me to fully dry them out. In crawling, I think that you would be ok to make a small hole in the tread area of the tire, but with nitro, I've had bad luck with doing that.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:55 PM
ChuckDeez

when doing water runs, do not make any type of opening. The beadlocks block water from coming in and no breather holes are made on the scx10. If you are just a scaler, no hole is neccessary (water runs etc.) For comp rigs its best.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:40 PM
ahab.st.one
My Feedback: (1)

ChuckDeez thank you for your insight on this.  in reading your signature i had a laugh because i feel the same
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM
lazris

oh no save your tires drill 3 holes in the rim b4 puttin tire on unless you found somewhere that sell a set of tires for less than $50 bucks worth a dang!!! lol than let me know ;-) but also glue some mesh on the inside or it will fill with small rock and dirt adding weight when done in water squeez tire to remove water , what waters left i usualy helps with weight on dry rock...not a tun of water heck even tara tires on big trucks use a gel so a little water wont hurt ya lol