RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   Rockslide 1/8 Scale Super Crawler (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/8625794-rockslide-1-8-scale-super-crawler.html)

CHIPADAWAYWAY 03-28-2009 12:28 PM

Rockslide 1/8 Scale Super Crawler

[sm=confused.gif]is the Rockslide 1/8 Scale Super Crawler any good

plz reply

MASTERCHIEF199611 03-28-2009 12:29 PM

RE: Rockslide 1/8 Scale Super Crawler

i wouldnt get it because you would have to get alot of huge rocks just to use it.it woulnt be fun with just regular size rocks.

bpdaddy77 08-06-2009 10:34 AM

I have been emailing them and i have not had a response from them I own a Rockslide super class and the diff spur gear stripped in the center because it is plastic that should definitely be metal to be able to pull that weight up and down ever since I did the dual 2000mah nicd batteries the power is insane but the spur gears can not handle the load of the rig and I'm not talking about the outer gear I'm talking about the part that usually has a diff cup but instead it has a solid bar diff with a plastic gear, they has been out of stock for 2 weeks now so I'm gonna assume that they are aware of this problem but I haven't gotten a response from them at all I am disappointed in them. I hope some one from Redcat see this and emails me back....I've also called their number from their site and the mail box is full and no answer....what is going on with this company?

bpdaddy77 08-06-2009 10:40 AM

It is a fun rig an no this thing will crawl over just about anything and the ease of the steering switching ability right on the radio is great but at the moment I'm having problems with the spur gear and can get NO HELP from Redcat so I don't know at the moment I have a great looking rig I rather have a great running rig

austexjg 08-06-2009 11:00 AM

Try contacting redcat through company email - I had several issues with my RS10 Rockslide and they resloved the issues quickly. Darin is a regular on the site - he is the owner.

hndaman1 08-17-2009 08:05 PM

I had one it was "OK" would I buy it again, "NOPE" the radio was junk glitched right from the beginning, sent it back to redcat. and installed a futaba 4channel, it really had no power to climb up big hills/rocks it would need a big upgrade like 55/65t motors and different pinons.. and there is no aftermarket support for these...

jenius8477 10-21-2009 11:01 AM

I have one and I have not had any problems with it. works great and climbs over almost anything. I am gonna be upgrading it to all aluminum in the coming months. cant wait

jenius8477 10-22-2009 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THis is just some pics of my crawler after a few mods