RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   losi !!!MICRO CRAWLER 1/24!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/9220026-losi-micro-crawler-1-24-a.html)

THE BASHER 11-01-2009 11:53 AM

losi !!!MICRO CRAWLER 1/24!!!!

guys check this out

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...0x100_LOSB0236

i ordering mine now

evader8 11-01-2009 12:17 PM

RE: losi !!!MICRO CRAWLER 1/24!!!!

i dont see the fun in driving something sooo small!!

THE BASHER 11-01-2009 12:46 PM

you might be right the mini started to become a little un- realistic to drive and on further research it doesn't seem very cappable, some thing is telling me to wait for a few more reviews to arrive, although it is cheap

56-jeephead 11-01-2009 12:50 PM

That looks quite small. Just in size vs. weight it is apt to have a hard time planting it's wheels for traction. For the price ($149) I would rather buy another Cliff CLimber or something similar. Even the CC looks small compared to my CR01 and really tiny next to my TXT, HA!
On the other hand at 1/24th scale, you could build a really cool indoor course on say a 4' x 8' board during the winter months! You would not even have to use real rocks for that matter as long as you secure your obstacles to the board. HMMM...That could be interesting, almost like building an HO train layout. I am not counting this little guy out just yet. It will be interesting to see what kinds of mods they come out with or if any other companies come out with their own version. Please post pictures as soon as you get it and let us know what your thoughts are on it. ;-)

pdvair 11-02-2009 05:45 PM

Looks like a good living room crawler. Maybe a potential scale project?

860Crawler 11-02-2009 06:03 PM

I'll take a BND version if its cheaper. It would be great to couch crawl

Alpha Male 11-02-2009 07:45 PM

Well, I'm buying one for sure. :D I will finally be able to build my own rock crawling course in the backyard without it being so 'small' that I get board quickly. Even a small course with small rocks will seem like a veritable mountain to this 1:24 scale crawler. ;)

I bet my 5 and 7 year old sons would love to get one from Santa.

djzachtyler 11-04-2009 03:58 PM

just another Losi Cat toy :P

Anomie 11-05-2009 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

just another Losi Cat toy :P
True, that... hehe.

I would love one of these. Too bad they don't sell it without the receiver for those of us who don't have a 2.4GHz radio.

Hinder 11-20-2009 03:50 AM

They do have a bind in drive option. It's $119.00 on most sites. It comes without the remote. I just preordered or backordered one through Amainhobbies. Has it been released already?

forrest225 11-25-2009 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Hinder

They do have a bind in drive option. It's $119.00 on most sites. It comes without the remote. I just preordered or backordered one through Amainhobbies. Has it been released already?
Mine shipped today from horizon :D

Lots of guys have moved the esc to the back axial and the battery to the front, and are running droop. It certainly seems very capable. Lots of people plan on using those 1/24 scale static models on their scalers. A few already have, and it looks great!

Oh, and the ESC comes with a lipo cutoff built in.

str8.krooked 12-14-2009 01:22 PM

I'm not even a fan of crawling, but I have to say that this thing is super fun. I am slowly becoming a fan of crawling. I just weighted mine (1oz on the front and 1/2oz on the rear), and am running the droop set up. I'll post a vid shortly.

str8.krooked 12-18-2009 02:04 AM

This is a silly little video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgGc4g90ZU

DogbreathRacing 12-21-2009 12:31 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4L-T8WV56o[/youtube]

monsterbombs 12-21-2009 02:56 AM

would make a pretty cool mini scaler, with something like this
for the body [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/941/...gIW9ZRMung.jpg

56-jeephead 12-21-2009 06:48 AM

Very cool guys! They are more capable than I thought at first. Good job on that course!

DogbreathRacing 12-24-2009 02:57 PM

Yes they are quite capable for the size.....and get even better with a little work.

Paul_Barsamian 12-27-2009 08:51 PM

Got inspired by Dogbreath's video, made my own "plank" obstacle course from scrap wood. Tried to make it challenging and it can be run in either direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YNpgBLfjow

I love this little thing, it's really pretty amazing what it can crawl...

davidt443 12-27-2009 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey yall i got my micro crawler for christmas ( the rtr) version. I was reading and studying all the different forums out there on these little crawlers. They are awesome!! i have ran my crawler every day now and within the first hour i began making tweaks and adjustments from the forum education i had. So far heres my list of mods

on the front two springs i snipped off four links of spring for a Droop/rebound type effect

on the rear two springs i snipped off only two links of spring.

i moved the complete esc setup onto the top of the servo witch almost seems like it was supposed to be there

then moved the battery to the rear differential plate

then removed the stock battery hold down latch and removed the esc plate witch removes more weight for the top

So far all of these mods have kept the crawler at my preferable balance with a nose heavy attitude

My next modification will be lead shot BB's in the tires but thats when i get my micro lipo battery

I really like this crawler being my first ever crawler. The worm gear drive works flawlessly when going through rocks and over obstacles. Now keep in mind for those who are looking for one of these bad boys,, the crawler is MICRO that means really small and the only problem i face with the little guy is that i wont climb up vertically very well. Ive watched the bigger models climb rocks near vertical with no problem. but anyways this crawler is awesome for crawling over anything in the house.. my next project for it is extendeding the chassis for really good climbing but for now i love it

traxxaspede 01-04-2010 09:18 PM

How long do the stock batteries last?

lapistola28 01-06-2010 06:19 PM

I got mine for Christmas and already the battery charger or battery it's self is no good ..... What a pain in the ***** !!!!!!! No red light when i plug in the battery ....... Put fresh AA batteries in the charger .... NOTHING !!! Is this thing a piece of crap ? I used it once !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

traxxaspede 01-06-2010 08:35 PM

try testing the battery and the charger with a meter. If the charger doesn't show anything, you might have to plug the battery in to charge in it. Your could try soldering a (12V? check first) power supply to the charger instead of the AA's. I did that with by mCX charger, and it works a lot better. And maybe check and make sure all connections are good (including inside the charger itself).

Alpha Male 01-06-2010 09:04 PM

I got mine for Christmas and already the battery charger or battery it's self is no good ..... What a pain in the ***** !!!!!!! No red light when i plug in the battery ....... Put fresh AA batteries in the charger .... NOTHING !!! Is this thing a piece of crap ? I used it once !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That happened to my son's charger, too. They are not high quality chargers. Not sure what is the cause unless the battery was discharged too much from leaving the truck turned on. I bought an A/C charger for it at the local hobby shop for $20.00, which is a better deal in the long run. Unless you need to charge 'in the field' that is.

traxxaspede 01-10-2010 06:40 PM

I just got mine! BND, bound to DX3.0, halfway through first battery I taped a 1 oz. weight to the servo and removed the springs. Will probably put lower gearing in for more low-speed control/battery life. And just as I thought, my fat cat ran away right when he saw it moving... Mods to come are LiPo, cut tire foams/drill wheel holes bigger/lead weights in wheels. I might try and get some micro-t threaded rods, but for now it works just fine.

DogbreathRacing 03-28-2010 10:17 PM

new course

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7094/1060205.jpg