Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New in construction

Hello everyone,

I dream of seeing the videos and pictures of RC multihulls but as I've never done building I need your advice.

- Would it be better for me to buy a used multihulls? Knowing that I live in Quebec and here there is not really so should I buy a European vendorknowing that thetransport costshould beexpensive(I do not know what would be the transportation cost).

- Or build one myself knowing that I could make several errors (especially with the use of glass fiber / epoxy / carbon).

Thank you

Eiffel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New in construction

Hi Eiffel have you "built" any R/C sailboats before? If you have already done any with installing radio and mechanical eqipment, then you've already done the hard part in the past. Building hulls froma scratch and then glassing them scares most people awa\y, but it's actually easy to do.
    <B><I>. . . Aim High!</i></b>

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New in construction

ORIGINAL: Eiffel

Hello everyone,

I dream of seeing the videos and pictures of RC multihulls but as I've never done building I need your advice.

- Would it be better for me to buy a used multihulls? Knowing that I live in Quebec and here there is not really so should I buy a European vendorÂ*knowing that theÂ*transport costÂ*should beÂ*expensiveÂ*(I do not know what would be the transportation cost).

- Or build one myself knowing that I could make several errors (especially with the use of glass fiber / epoxy / carbon).

Thank you

Eiffel
    Please get in contact with TBK in this forum.
    He´s from Canada, has three ready-to-sail Mini40 trimarans -
    and might be willing to sell one of them to you.

And if not, then he is still the one with the most practical experience in your area.
    Good luck for that and please keep us informed how it turned out.

Idealist