Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

New in construction

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

New in construction

Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Eiffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New in construction

Hello everyone,

I dream of seeing the videos and pictures of RC multihulls but as I've never done building I need your advice.

- Would it be better for me to buy a used multihulls? Knowing that I live in Quebec and here there is not really so should I buy a European vendorknowing that thetransport costshould beexpensive(I do not know what would be the transportation cost).

- Or build one myself knowing that I could make several errors (especially with the use of glass fiber / epoxy / carbon).

Thank you

Eiffel
Old 12-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Al Stein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New in construction

Hi Eiffel have you "built" any R/C sailboats before? If you have already done any with installing radio and mechanical eqipment, then you've already done the hard part in the past. Building hulls froma scratch and then glassing them scares most people awa\y, but it's actually easy to do.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Idealist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New in construction

ORIGINAL: Eiffel

Hello everyone,

<span title='''' yc=''I dream of seeing the videos and pictures of RC multihulls but as I've never done building I need your advice.'' xc=''Je rĂȘve en voyant les vidĂ©os et photos de multicoques RC mais comme je n'ai jamais fait de construction j'aurais besoin de vos conseil.'' closure_uid_n7yw9a=''54''>I dream of seeing the videos and pictures of RC multihulls but as I've never done building I need your advice.

<span title='''' yc=''- Would it be better for me to buy a used multihulls? Knowing that I live in Quebec and here there is not really so should I buy a European vendor despite cost '' xc=''- Serait-il mieux pour moi d'acheter un multicoques usagĂ©?Sachant que j'habite au QuĂ©bec et que par ici il n'y en a pas vraiment donc il faudrait que je l'achĂȘte d'un vendeur europĂ©en malgrĂ© les frais de'' closure_uid_n7yw9a=''55''>- Would it be better for me to buy a used multihulls? Knowing that I live in Quebec and here there is not really so should I buy a European vendor knowing that the transport cost <span title='''' yc=''transport (I do not know what would be the same transportation cost).'' xc=''transport (j'ignore mĂȘme quel serait le coĂ»t du transport).'' closure_uid_n7yw9a=''56''>should be expensive (I do not know what would be the transportation cost).

<span title='''' yc=''- Or build one myself knowing that I could make several errors (especially with the use of glass fiber / epoxy / carbon).'' xc=''- Ou encore en construire un moi-mĂȘme sachant que je risque de faire plusieurs erreur (surtout avec l'utilisation de fibre de verre/epoxy/carbone).'' closure_uid_n7yw9a=''57''>- Or build one myself knowing that I could make several errors (especially with the use of glass fiber / epoxy / carbon).

Thank you

Eiffel
Please get in contact with TBK in this forum.
HeÂŽs from Canada, has three ready-to-sail Mini40 trimarans -
and might be willing to sell one of them to you.

And if not, then he is still the one with the most practical experience in your area.
Good luck for that and please keep us informed how it turned out.

Idealist