Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Traveling with a sailboat.

I have a Thunder Tiger Victoria that I want to pack for travel on an airplane. Has anyone made or purchased a case that works for this?Thanks for your replys.

RE: Traveling with a sailboat.

Hello!
    Years ago I have been into producing socalled Β΄FlightcasesΒ΄ for stage equipment.
    You may know these (usually black) boxes - the ones the Roadies use to push around on stages.
    But they are also used in the Formula I commonly - Ferrari always has these nice (and typically red) boxes.

I made some for my own 2 meter trimarans. They where as huge as coffins, but had less then 10 kgs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can also try a hard sided golf club carrying case. Cut out foam to fit the hull, mast, rudder and keel. Seawind guys have been using those for a couple years with great success.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try looking for a Double Bow Case. I got one on Ebay for less than $100, That will fit two Vics side by side, the TX and other parts, and enough room to lay the assembled rig on top. It has two wheels too. Others have built similar, but much smaller cases from plywood for much less.