Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

radio anntena placement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

radio anntena placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:02 PM
1dale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio anntena placement

I'm a rc airplane guy trying to build a Soling 1 meter for my sister to give to her husband for xmas...My question is where do you run the anntena? On a plane we run them down the inside of the fusalage in a plastic tube or hang them out side to the tail.. Do you run it down the inside of the hull in a tube? About to put the deck on and if it needs to be inside it sure will be easier to dobefore I deck it. I thought of running it up the back stay or the mast but there is that mile of stainless wire rigging. Willthe rigging cause interferance?I forgot to mention this is a 75 mgh 2 channel Futaba..
Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: radio anntena placement

I'm using a 27MHz radio in an EC12 and 75MHz on a Marblehead. The antenna is threaded through a tube and exits at the stern. The excess wire is then taped to the backstay. I've had no problems with that arrangement.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Paulvive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: radio anntena placement

I run my antenna through the eye of my backstay on my Soling or and let it hang or run it up the backstay.