Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

radio anntena placement

I'm a rc airplane guy trying to build a Soling 1 meter for my sister to give to her husband for xmas...My question is where do you run the anntena? On a plane we run them down the inside of the fusalage in a plastic tube or hang them out side to the tail.. Do you run it down the inside of the hull in a tube? About to put the deck on and if it needs to be inside it sure will be easier to dobefore I deck it. I thought of running it up the back stay or the mast but there is that mile of stainless wire rigging. Willthe rigging cause interferance?I forgot to mention this is a 75 mgh 2 channel Futaba..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: radio anntena placement

I'm using a 27MHz radio in an EC12 and 75MHz on a Marblehead. The antenna is threaded through a tube and exits at the stern. The excess wire is then taped to the backstay. I've had no problems with that arrangement.
    He's crazy Lew, he builds toy airplanes!"
    Frank Towns - Flight of the Phoenix (1965)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: radio anntena placement

I run my antenna through the eye of my backstay on my Soling or and let it hang or run it up the backstay.