Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

questions and suggestions - newbie

At a swap meet I picked up at 10 year old RC sailboat. It has 2 servos in it, labelled as Airtronics 94421. I also have a question about using them with a receiver from a 2.4 GZ 4 channel aircraft. If these servos work, can I use them with a modern receiver as is, or is a wiring change I need to make? This is headed to my grandsons, so I'm trying to keep my investment low.

If i do need to start new for the boat, what radio combinations does anyone recommend? I diid see a Futaba 2ch AM system with rec. xmit, and 2 S3003 servos. Looks like 100% of what I need (minus Lipo for rec).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: questions and suggestions - newbie

I have a Futaba T4YF FM two channel. Iuse it on all of my boats. my receivers all have crystals on the same frequency as my transmitter. I would strongly suggest using an FM transmitter to reduce interference.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The older Airtronics servos may not work with the fast response of 2.4 gig radio. give it a try you mite get lucky.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Older Airtronics stuff had the + and - backwards from everyone else, so make sure you check the polarity is correct.