Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Midwest "Weatherly"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Midwest "Weatherly"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM
tommywass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest "Weatherly"

Hello all!
I have a problem I'm wondering anyone can help me with. My father has had a model of the "Weatherly" literally for as long as I can remember (I'm 33). I have come to the realization that he is never going to build it himself. I recently took posession of the kit (still in the box) in order to store it for him. I was thinking instead of storing it till the day he dies, I can build it for him so he can FINALLYenjoy the model. I have run into a snag though. I opened the box and there are no instructions. I do have the plans that came with it but it looks like there should be some sort of step-by-step instuction book or pamphlet. I contacted Midwest and they do not have anything on file for this particular model. I'm wondering if anyone has some instructions they can scan and email me or knows where I can get some. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Midwest

This lead my be nothing but if you are a good detective you might be able to track down the e-bay seller who in turn could put you in touch with the buyer of this Weatherly kit.
Just a shot - but better than nothing.

Good to this link and start back tracking. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weatherly-Mo...p2047675.l2557

I sent the seller a message asking if he'd help you and gave him a link to this forum - Have not idea if "cartoondude62." will help or not.

Boomer

Old 12-23-2013, 02:53 PM
m2k2

If you haven't yet solved this dilemma, I have a complete virgin Weatherly kit and I'd be happy to scan the instructions for you. Mike Costello beach_bum_mike at juno dot com
Old 01-05-2019, 10:07 AM
tommywass

Hi Mike! I know this is a very random reply (years later!) but I didn't see your response until now. I was never able to track down any instructions and gave up for the time being. I still have the kit and if you still have your instructions, I would be very grateful if you could scan them over to me.
Thanks!
Tom
[email protected]
Old 01-08-2019, 12:06 PM
tommywass

Mike,
I missed your response years ago! If you're still around and the other is still on the table, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks!
Tom
Old 01-17-2019, 11:07 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tommywass
Mike,
I missed your response years ago! If you're still around and the other is still on the table, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks!
Tom
Looks like Mike has not been back to the site since his initial post. He did however include his email address in his post that will likely yield a faster response. Alternatively send him a private message which may alert his email.

On a side note - looks like the full scale Weatherly is for sale presently. I have raced against her a few times in Newport. - https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/195...s#.Wde8CI5l6cE
Old 12-16-2022, 04:46 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Random reply to a very old thread, but does anyone have one of these for sale?

I’m trying to collect all of the Midwest kits and this one (along with a couple of others) is eluding me.

EDITED TO ADD - despite the location on my profile, I'm currently living in the USA!

Last edited by siclick33; 12-16-2022 at 08:54 PM.