Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Kyosho Seawind Carbon Edition

Does anyone have a Carbon Ed. Seawind and how well does it sail?
    I have a new in box kit and Im trying to decide to keep it or sell it.
    Like a midget in a urinal I knew I had to stay on my toes...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Kyosho Seawind Carbon Edition

Chris
    I had a CF edition and currently have a standard ABS version Seawind. I can report that the CF sails just like the ABS version. There were two releases of the CF boats. The first release had issues with the keel pocket cracking. Kyosho later corrected that problem on their later version. All Seawinds can benefit from reinforcing that area inside the hull.
    The CF versions were discontinued some years ago - the ABS versions are not being produced currently. There is no known release date, but Kyosho has stated they plan on continuing to offer the Seawind but won't commit a date for their next release.

The boats are fun to sail and have become quite rare. I'd keep it if it were up to me.
    Boomer

RE: Kyosho Seawind Carbon Edition

Thanks Boomer,

Im leaning towards selling it at this time. Any collectors out there should look into the boat buy/sell page for my listing or PM if interested.
    Like a midget in a urinal I knew I had to stay on my toes...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Did you sell the CF seawind or do you still have it available by any chance???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I hate that Kyosho discontinued the Fortune II sailboat. The Seawind is great too. It is absolutely massive, 6 feet tall and sails like a breeze. Never got to try the carbon one though
    23 year old guy. I have a Need 4 Speed. Love RC, Sports, Lifting, Movies. I run my own RC Boats store and love it

If you need any help ask me and I will do my best help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Had my Seawind for 13 yrs,also have a Fairwind 17 yrs. both are great sailing boats. I did modify the rudder on the Fairwind (made it bigger)
    America home of the free,thanks to the brave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by ************* View Post
    I hate that Kyosho discontinued the Fortune II sailboat. The Seawind is great too. It is absolutely massive, 6 feet tall and sails like a breeze. Never got to try the carbon one though
    Good news - the Fortune is still made and being sold - here is the link to the Kyosho web site. http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Fortune...z_p_11055.html
    There are a number of them for sale of E-bay - The current model is the same boat with different graphics and a 2.4 ghz radio. If you want a Fortune ll - let me know.
    Seawind's are being released again this time as a ready set - fully assembled with a radio. Details are posted in a thread in this section.

Boomer