Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 6 of 6

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    sparta, NJ
    Posts
    1,304
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

    Keel off to the right not centered side to side

    Does anyone have some technical info as to what an off center keel would cause. Looking at a very nice boat but the keel is not in the center from side to side. seems to be off to the right side about the thickness of the keel. Thanks Ron
    Thanks for your help Guys, FORGEDABOUTIT! Ron

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    72
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by darticus View Post
    Does anyone have some technical info as to what an off center keel would cause. Looking at a very nice boat but the keel is not in the center from side to side. seems to be off to the right side about the thickness of the keel. Thanks Ron
    Hi, The keel must be straight down at 90 degrees to the deck and keel. It will not be a good sailing boat otherwise. Regards
    Norman2

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    BlackpoolLancs, UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    902
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    OK-ish on one tack, a dog on the other.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    sparta, NJ
    Posts
    1,304
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It is 90 degrees down but off center to one side of the boat sides. Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
    Hi, The keel must be straight down at 90 degrees to the deck and keel. It will not be a good sailing boat otherwise. Regards
    Norman2
    Thanks for your help Guys, FORGEDABOUTIT! Ron

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    72
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by darticus View Post
    It is 90 degrees down but off center to one side of the boat sides. Ron
    Hi Darticus, Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. The keel must be centered on the bottom of the boat and not to one side.. It means the center of the bottom of the boat. Regards
    Norman
    Last edited by Norman2; 05-16-2014 at 05:40 AM.

  6. #6
    martno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    blackpool, UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    11,390
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I dont think it will make too much difference if all else is good ie both sides of the hull are the same shape etc.If its just for fun im sure it will work fine.
    Mart
    Waveridermouldings,Manufacturer of quality race proven Hulls.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:10 AM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.