Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

scale crew

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

scale crew

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:55 PM
SailNut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question scale crew

I'm building an rc schooner 48" long by 14" wide, where can I find a crew for it? ships don't just sail without the crew.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:46 PM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

First decide what scale you would like it to be, then go looking for figures either that scale or the nearest smaller. Also figure out how tall your figures need to be, then go looking in toy shops.
Most real sailboats with crew have a crew that can get out of the way of running rigging and duck out of the way of swinging booms. Anything that can can possibly snag running rigging on a model sailboat will do just that art the least convenient moment.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:00 PM
SailNut

Thanks, I guess the operative phrase would be "go looking in toy shops". I've been doing all of my shopping here at my desk, but maybe I should burn a bit of gas by actually going to the stores.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Stephen Vick

Tamiya had a modern sailing crew in 1/20 scale, which is out of production, however the figures are actually the same as their F1 pit crew. The pit crew set is offered in 1/20, 1/32 scales.
I must agree with the earlier reply though, in that crew offer more chances of snagging sheets etc... My 1/96 scale cruiser has over 100 crew about the deck, however, my 1/20 scale Schooner only has a helmsman.

Last edited by Stephen Vick; 09-17-2016 at 09:23 AM.