Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

V-32 Hull# 5054

The servos finally arrived. Almost finished painting it. Couldn't stand it any more so I took it to the 'duck pond' to get it wet!
    Found out that it's just a bit too big to get into the pickup, so put it in back, drove 5 mph, made traffic stack up for 4 blocks. Got to the pond. Found that the top loop of the side stays broke in route. Fixed side stays (sort of). Mobbed by the ducks when I stepped out of the truck (been awhile since they've seen me). Put batteries in boat, turned on transmitter, tested controls, ready to launch! No wind. Wait for wind. Blow towards boat, no help. Got a small breeze, boat moves! Turns with the rudder! Moving sails doesn't make any difference, not enough wind. Boat drifts toward center of pond. Starts to rain (who cares!). Variable gusts finally get boat back to shore. Success! Think of another pond which isn't quite as sheltered from the wind. Drive 5 mph, stack up traffic again. Crossng the highway was fun. Get to second pond. Re-rig side stays again. Test the radio system, again, still works. Boat back in the water. Hey, there's a little bit of wind! Rudder works. Moving sails works, even makes the boat go faster (when there's any wind). Rains harder. See womeone looking my way, wave! Point at boat! They turn around and leave? Some people are really weird. Can't see, rain on glasses. Bring boat back to shore. Wade through 3 yards of cattails and weeds. Take boat back to truck. Un-rig the sails (see, I do learn!). Go home. Lets see...need to finish painting the boat. Fix side stays again. Seal the @#$% leak (keel). Dang! More fun than when the pigs ate my little brother...
    - 'Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj21367.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	146127  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: V-32 Hull# 5054

Cool boat! [sm=thumbup.gif]

Sounds like my kind of adventure dude. Hey at least the ducks didn't try to catch a free ride!

What are the measurements of that thing?

I am still waiting for a free day to get mine back in the water....it seems there is a birthday, wedding or no wind and too hot or wind but only when accompanied with lightening and thunder and driving rain. When I was flying RC toys the conditions seemed to always be perfect for sail boats...now they always seem perfect for flying.[>:]
    Always choose the lesser of the two weevils!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hoghappy,
    The VMP "V-32" is 32" long, forgot how tall. Probably weighs 'close' to what it's supposed to. I'm not too worried about racing it so who cares? It's a "one design" class. Other than the intentional, and not so intentional modifications in construction it's pretty close to all the rest of them. The design has been around for years...
    - 'Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30177.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	146386  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

V-32, as well as all other VMP hulls, is very nice yacht. They are available RTF and beautifully done. I've "built" two Soling 1M's and several other VMP yachts and am well satisfied with their products. I've seen one V-32 that was factory built and it was gorgeous. The guy that had it wanted to sell it but I had four other boats on hand. My mistake. It was a real deal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HogHappy - that's a nice looking schooner for your avatar. Is it a model and did you build it? I've always wanted to go multi mast and someday I will. Any old how it's a good looking ship.