Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Victoria max performance w/o rules

I have a Victoria that i don't race and would like to build it up for max performance. I have a fair amount of composite building skills so scratch building parts isn't an issue.

Any ideas are welcome, winged keels, mast hight, sail designs etc.

Thanks

Chris K

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Victoria max performance w/o rules

Besides building it as light as possible above deck, a problem to overcome would be the boats tendency to dive when overpowered. You'll find that you take in a fair amount of water that way. I would scrap that stock radio box for ANYTHING better. Having experience, I'm sure you come up with many ideas for suitable alternatives. Just keep the gear low in the hull. I'm planning on setting up my radio gear as described on this page:
    http://www.dncx.com/rcsailing/Tech%2...20Mounting.htm

Much more efficient than the standard setup. I'm also going to use a smaller than standard, hi-torque servo for the rudder. Good luck with your endeavour.
    Travis

Don\'t forget to have FUN!!!