Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Futaba won't work

Ok, this has gotta be me and not the system. I just got a new complete Futaba Attack 2 channel system. Plugged everything in and nothing is working. The old system I took out was supposed to be working also, but same thing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I used new batteries in both systems.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Futaba won't work

Never mind, got it going.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bt224,
    The first step is to always read the manual. Yeah, I know, but read it again to see if you missed something (I'm 'bad' about not reading the manual till something goes wrong. I didn't say I was a good example!).
    It isn't very likely, especially with a new system, but make sure the transmitter and receiver are on the same channel.
    The batteries may be new, but do you have them 'plugged' in correctly, transmitter and receiver? Think it's worth trying 'other' new batteries?
    Don't forget to turn things 'ON'! I've never made that mistake (and I probably won't do it again, at least for a little while ! If you hooked things up using an ESC, make sure it's on too. Don't know why you'd use one, but...

So much for the obvious things.
    The likelyhood of the servo(s) being bad is very slim, but there's always that chance. You might try another servo (if you have one), or try it/them in a different 'slot'.
    If you have other R/C'ers nearby, have them look at it. Sometimes you can't see the trees for the forest, you know?
    If things still don't work, you're down to two options. Take it back where you bought it, or ask 'Futaba' what could be wrong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, Doc. I read the manual, and everything was ok. Switches were on, I even tried turning things on in a different order, no luck. Then I checked the batteries. Yep, I had one in backwards. It was embarassing, but a relief all the same. Ah well...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bt224,
    There are only two kinds of people, those who have done it, and those that are going to do it. Unfortunately, most of us are in the first catagory...
    - 'Doc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Been there, done it more than once. That has to be on the least of my mistakes. I've done some that are almost to stupid to admit that I've done!
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team