Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Team Oracle

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Kyosho Team Oracle

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:54 PM
IBboatin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Team Oracle

Just picked up a Kyosho Team Oracle from Tower Hobbies. They are running a $20 off $150+ order special, so I paid $179. It's all prebuilt, just needing to raise the sails, put on the keel, and rudder. It seems to be pretty well built for what it is. I finally got some wind to take it out in. The only problem I had was the Jib was catching on the mast. After looking at the sail, the material wasn't cut real straight. I had to remove about an 1/4" in some spots to straighten it out. Now the Jib moves just fine. Got it back out, and it sails very well. With a good breeze it scoots right along. It's my first sailboat, and like I said before, it is what it is. It's a good boat to introduce someone into rc sailing without being intimidated by a lengthy build, but I'm sure it's no world class competitor. I got what I paid for, and couldn't be happier. However, now I want to put together a bigger one
Old 08-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Larry Ludwig

Default RE: Kyosho Team Oracle

Dive in and get one! You will enjoy it I promise. Visit AMYA.ORG and see the different classes and types that are currently being raced in recognized classes. Look at the club listings and find the one nearest you. It is not uncommon to see a web site listed for them showing the people and class of boats that they sail. Check the area around you to see what else is available as far as other classes and ponds. It is all good, and a long lasting hobby that will not dollar you to death the way that so many others do. (this one gets you all at once instead

A well built boat properly cared for will last 20-30 years and beyond, and remember... you never really buy a sailboat... you only put down a deposit until you sell it and get another one.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Larry Ludwig

Now I see that you are outside Cleveland.... you are in for a real treat... the EC-12 Nationals are going to be held in Dayton September 22-25. There are already almost FOURTY boat registered to be there and you will have a chance to see some of the finest models, racing, and sailors in the country. It will surely have you wanting an EC-12.

Don't let prices fool you, there are boats around that are affordable if you beat up the net, and check all the websites and ask around. If you have ANY chance at all to make it to Dayton to see some of this you will be more than pleased I can assure you. Very friendly people that will be happy to answer all your questions, and seeing that many boats on the water as will be there that weekend is really a treat.

Go to this link: http://www.beanbag.com/EC12/ACCR.htm

and see for yourself. I sure hope you make it. I wish I could!

Larry
Old 08-23-2004, 05:00 PM
wismerhell

in choppy water, take care...they tend to have the "titanic effect" as I call it...but it isnt a bad boat....

Have fun

Wis
Old 09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
ghost rider 425

Hi Ibboating,

I mostely fly gliders and heli's but wanted a sailboat like yourself.How is the radio that comes with the oracle?
Knowing what you know now would you have bought a Seawind or Round the world first or is the oracle a great deal?
Being my first sailboat I am a little nervous that I will get bored(don't hate me guys)what is your opinion?

Daniel
Old 09-07-2004, 08:00 AM
wismerhell

the "oracle" is a real toy boat....dont expect too much!
SAils are made of some kind of cheap plastic....the servos are VERY cheap perspex or whatever, boom are also plastic

what would be your budget?

there are many "small" in size boats out there.....
my 2 yen

Wis
Old 09-07-2004, 05:56 PM
ghost rider 425

Wismerhell,before the oracle came into the picture I was thinking of getting a Seawind or Round the world from Tamiya.Which one do you think is the best for the dollar spent?

Daniel