Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

custom sails

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

custom sails

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 05:33 PM
gw0704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom sails

Hi,
I'm new to the forum so bare with me. I have a Compass 791-1, Unfortunately I have had problems with the main sail pulling the ring out of the sail that attaches to SR1. I was wondering if someone knew of a company that makes stronger sails for this model of boat. I am new to RC sailboats and enjoying my time so far. Looking forward to stepping up to a better boat but at this time this is working for me.
Thanks for your time. Gary
Old 04-07-2024, 05:08 PM
AEK42

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gw0704
Hi,
I'm new to the forum so bare with me. I have a Compass 791-1, Unfortunately I have had problems with the main sail pulling the ring out of the sail that attaches to SR1. I was wondering if someone knew of a company that makes stronger sails for this model of boat. I am new to RC sailboats and enjoying my time so far. Looking forward to stepping up to a better boat but at this time this is working for me.
Thanks for your time. Gary
I use scotch tape to repair sail rips etc. Try this first. Carr Sails makes sails for most boats. It is unknown what you mean by SR1. If it is a mast ring, just put tape on both sides of the sail and make a new hole and tie the sail to the mast with a short cord, leaving a small space for sail movement.
Alan
Old 04-09-2024, 04:11 PM
gw0704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply. SR1 is the location from the instruction manual, sorry I'm not sure of the terminology.