Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Seawind Kits

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Seawind Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Pecos45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seawind Kits

Quite by a stroke of wild luck, I found myself faced with a beautifully built Seawind today. My live experiences with this boat heretofore had consisted of watching an old, rather shabby Seawind sailed rather poorly. The one I saw today was quite another matter and to my repeated probes, the owner assured me EVERYTHING on the boat was stock out of the box. Indeed, the Seawind class REQUIRES boats be built entirely stock. Only a very few cosmetic changes are allowed with minor deck hardware.

My point is, I have come to the conclusion that for the price, the Seawind if far and away the best dollar for dollar kit available. It's a very fast boat and an easy kit to build is what all the Seawind skippers I talk to have to say. I was impressed. It's easy to see why there is so much Seawind talk on this forum. You guys have known something for a long time that I'm just now catching on to.[&o]
Old 04-08-2005, 09:36 PM
wismerhell

Default RE: Seawind Kits

I think I've said that about 10000000000 times...but nobody believes me
Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Pecos45

Yeah, you have, Wis. You're a good ambassador for the Seawind boats. Just be patient with us slow learners.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:46 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

Pecos & Wis,
Could you please type a little slower, cause I can’t read to fast.
Thanks
Don
Old 04-08-2005, 11:04 PM
wismerhell

S

o

r

r

y

Old 04-09-2005, 07:08 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go the seawind
I looked at a bunch of boats before I bought a seawind and have never regretted it.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:10 AM
wismerhell

the closest would be the CR914...but the longer the fastest
Old 04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
andy1499

The CR is a great boat with a great class as well.... it's not hard to build, but it's a little more intense than the Seawind, which is by far the easiest kit-based boat to build. You'll note that I hesitate to say anything negative about either--because I sail and love both, though the Seawind was my first RC sailing love and is still my favorite! The CR was the first boat I ever raced in an official regatta though.

Pecos--glad to hear you've joined us. As you are well aware, Seawind owners tend to be extremely loyal, and usually very willing to help others in the class. I bet I know exactly who you sailed with (the non-shabby boat) and he's right--bone stock boat. Enjoy, and we'll see you in June for the Seawind Region 4 regatta up here in Wichita.

Andy
[link=http://www.acmsc.org]Air Capitol Model Sailing Club[/link]
Old 04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Pecos45

Thanks, Andy. I'm gonna have to stop painting and playing with sand paper or my new Seawind will never even float. But it's such a quality kit that a person can't help but want to do it proud. The only thing that has preserved me from going crazy with this boat is my spring allergies, which have kept me off the lakes. So, I've had nothing to do but paint and sand. But my time will come.[8D]
Old 04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
andy1499

I'm finally getting over my allergies and our season here is finally underway. Now if my work committments would just let me get to do any more sailing! I am painting-challenged, and the guy who painted my boat likes to do it for a creative outlet, so who was I to refuse? The rest, as they say was history, and Tomahawk was born (AKA SW #25--see the pics in the photo gallery). I agree--the kit is great... wonderful quality for a plastic kit boat... no, it's not a perfect performer, but it's more than adequate and a bunch of fun--especially if you get a fleet of them that are all class legal (and therefore even) and do some racing!

Andy
[link=http://www.acmsc.org]Air Capitol Model Sailing Club[/link]
SeaWind #25, #28
CR-914 #1186
Victoria #556

Old 04-22-2005, 12:02 AM
wismerhell

I've had 3 one meter kits, SW, Innovator and the round the world, (though I also built a CR914)...the only one I kept is the SW!! Looks nice, sails nice and a total winner!
Time to go and sail now...been building and tuning other boat(s) lately...specially with the new paint...time to quit the forums and hit the lake!!

Long live the Seawind
Old 04-22-2005, 04:45 AM
ICE929RR

Have fun wismerhell

Stay off the big waves

Have a nice weekend

Regards

ICE