Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Rc penguin?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Rc penguin?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc penguin?

has anyone heard of a rc penguin? we just got a real one. going to sail a reggata in MD,and thought it would be cool if there was a rc one
Old 05-06-2005, 11:45 AM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Rc penguin?

Used to sail full scale Penguins. What a great Dinghy. You could probably get a copy of the plans from the class assn. and adapt them to the size of the model you intend to build. I built my first Penguin myself. Lightest boat in the fleet. Had to add ballast to come up to crew weight for racng. For a model I don't think a center board would work too well. Probably you could add a keel mounted in the centerboard trunk. Perhaps a sheet of lead or a bulb. All depending on the size of the model.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ballgunner

Used to sail full scale Penguins. What a great Dinghy. You could probably get a copy of the plans from the class assn. and adapt them to the size of the model you intend to build. I built my first Penguin myself. Lightest boat in the fleet. Had to add ballast to come up to crew weight for racng. For a model I don't think a center board would work too well. Probably you could add a keel mounted in the centerboard trunk. Perhaps a sheet of lead or a bulb. All depending on the size of the model.
thats what were gonna have to do. add lead weights. i weigh 100, and my dad wieghs likke... 170. what # did u have? we have 9575
Old 05-07-2005, 12:45 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

My sail number was 5908. For the model I would add a keel made of plywood inserted in the centerboard trunk with a bulb weight on the lower end.