Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

servo power?

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

servo power?

Old 08-14-2005, 01:50 PM
t-maxx123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo power?

hi, i was wondering if an servo that puts out 80 oz of torque would be pwerful enough to steer the seawind?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:12 PM
bobslr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: servo power?

Hi
80 oz is more than enough for the rudder, a standard servo would work just fine.

Bob
Old 08-14-2005, 02:36 PM
t-maxx123

o, well i have to get new servos for my t-maxx, and the servo i had on my t-maxx was 80 oz of tourque, so im just tranferring it into the seawind.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:29 PM
andy1499

You're absolutely right about that being enough torque, but as I pointed out in an another thread, the SW's radio tray is designed to fit certain case sizes. It's made out of plastic with the holes already in it where you just drop the servos in and attach their screws. THe rudder servo that it's designed to fit needs to be the same size (dimensions) as like a Futaba 3003 standard servo. A good place to check dimensions to make sure the servo you have will fit (if it's a name brand servo like Hitec or Futaba) check ww[link=http://www.servocity.com]w.servocity.com[/link].

Hope that helps.
Andy