Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Reliable radio?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Reliable radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:01 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reliable radio?

Hello All,
I have had a futaba attack in my seawind for 2 years now. Occasionally, the boat doesn't do what I WANT it to do. This is normally when the boat is at a far mark. I am tired of losing races because of radio range. Is there a more reliable radio for us?
Thank You in advance.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
LtDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reliable radio?

Cjtyped,
Probably the simplest way to extend any radio's range is by elevating the receiving antenna. Would that 'cure' your problem? It certainly isn't a sure thing, but I'd bet on it helping.
- 'Doc
Old 03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
CaptDon

I too bet it's an antenna issue with your reception. Personally, I only use FM radio's to help avoid interference. I see your from Derby Kansas.......Do you sail with the folks in Wichita? I'm in the process of building a Seawind and plan on attending their first race March 25th.

Don
Old 03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
pompebled

Hi cjtyped,

Like the others said.

I have connected my receiver antenna to the back stay (stainless steel) of my 1M Voyager, raising the antenna about 1m over the water surface.
I have reception beyond the sight range (quite useless, as I can't see where the boat is going, or how the sails are set, without the use of binoculars...)
Point is, the trouble at the far mark, I have, is only my own eyesight, not that of the receiver...

Regards, Jan.