Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

First Sailboat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

First Sailboat

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM
cracker39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Sailboat

After losing my Alpha 40 in the woods last weekend, I decided to get a relaxing toy, so I ordered and received my first sailboat, the Nirvana II in red. I've sailed a 24 footer some back in the early 90s, so I think I'll do OK with this RC boat. At least it won't fall out the air and crash.

I'm almost fully assembled. I just need batteries so I can ease off the sail servo tension so I can attach the main sheet hook to the boom. I'll use alkiline for the maiden and get some rechargeables for the future. I'll probably rig up a 6-battery charger so I can charge half of them at a time with my Triton field charger. I sure wish the radio came with a one piece battery pack instead of all these AAs.

Any suggestions or tips for my maiden sail tomorrow? Other than tie it to a fishing line on a spinning reel for the first sail...LOL Oh yeah...find a place where the wind is blowing toward me so if anything happens, it'll blow back to shore.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: First Sailboat

just sit back and enjoy.. I find it useful to have a filled cooler nearby
Old 06-20-2008, 09:30 PM
mectf

Default RE: First Sailboat

ORIGINAL: r/cmark42

just sit back and enjoy.. I find it useful to have a filled cooler nearby