Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

My first sail

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

My first sail

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:25 PM
cracker39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first sail

I finally got my replacement sail servo back from Megatech. The servo works, but the sheet pulley on the servo arm doesn't turn freely and I had to untie my sheets, run them through the pully on the arm, and feed them back out to the booms and retie them to the hooks.

As I have about a half dozen lakes within 5 minutes of my house, I took the boat to one where I had the wind blowing in to the shore "just in case". The wind was light, from 2-6 knots, so it was a good day to try it out. As I've sailed real boats before, saing the Nirvana went without a hitch. It sailed slowly for the most part, but performed perfectly. I didn't take any photos or video, but will as soon as my wife's grandson gets the hang of sailing it so I can handle the video camera.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: My first sail

You are so lucky, I live and sail in the desert Las vegas NV.
We have a few man made lakes on the West side of town, and I live (you guested it) on the East side of town
Of course we have that big lake its called Lake Mead

Larry S
Old 07-11-2008, 04:33 PM
cracker39

Florida has many lakes, but I think that Polk County where I live may have the most lakes. There are 414 lakes in the county that have actual lake names. There are many more ponds or large puddles that aren't named. Winter Haven, the 2nd largest town in the county, right next to my little town, has 50 lakes inside the city limits and 24 or those are connected by a system of canals, which were constructed in the 1920’s. This is called the Chain of Lakes. One of the canals near me has been closed for several years, but the city is building a set of locks and will soon (hopefully) open that canal. When they do, I plan on driving my bass boat from the northeastern most lake in the chain, right down the street, across the city to the last one in the chain where a friend lives. He flew my RC seaplane from that lake on it's maiden flight.

Yep, as for a variety of lakes, I couldn't be luckier. However, none of our lakes in this county are as large as Lake Mead. We do have Lake Okechobee down south of us.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:45 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

I am new to R/C sailing have been flying planes for about 20 yrs .
I bought an ODOM used about a mounth ago Sailed her in my first club Raggata that weekend and have just finished a Victoria sailed her for the first time yesterday she sailed great.
I have a new set of sails for her. Some Picks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70811.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	988571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Su36803.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	988572