Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

LOOKING FOR VISION SAILS or "Brian Sims"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

LOOKING FOR VISION SAILS or "Brian Sims"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
nieto1124
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOOKING FOR VISION SAILS or "Brian Sims"

anyone in the KY area know this guy BRAIN SIMMS. he ran a company by the name of VISION SAILS which seems to be closed for "reorganization" right now. I would like him to contact me. he owes me some product that was never delivered. its been 8 months and I have given him every chance to come through. but nothing but empty promises so far. maybe some of you louisville guys might know or sail with him? any help would be greatly appreciated. its very frustrating to purchase product and pay for it right away and have nothing but empty SOB stories to show for it.

thanks guys
Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 AM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VISION SAILS "Brian Sims"

I do not know anything about Vision Sales but I have it on good advice that "Windjamin sails" are the best, check out their site.
www.beanbag.com/wjsails.htm
Old 09-01-2008, 11:18 PM
luislgon

Default RE: VISION SAILS "Brian Sims"

nieto,

Hope you received my mail.

I had exactly the same experience with Mr. Brian Sims of Vision Sails, sent him $250 and have not been able to locate him.

luislgon
Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
RcHobbyRC

Default RE: LOOKING FOR VISION SAILS or "Brian Sims"

Here is Vision Sail's website, on it is listed their address and his new phone is 502-523-7441

As far as I know, his business is still going. At least you can still pay by credit card through paypal on his website.

http://www.visionsails.com/sails.php
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
nieto1124

thanks for the help guys. i got onto AMYA site and found out that Brian Sims is the Northwind Class secretary. so i have contacted his regional directors to see if they can apply direct pressure and make him see the light. I have tried several numbers and left messages. still no answeres. I will keep you informed.

Right now its a matter of principal. he has dragged me along for 9 months. he sent me a picture of a box which i assumed has my hull in it after a 4 month wait. then he tells me he is shipping the next day 4-18-08. well , no boat/or box or response to my e-mails since then. THATS NO WAY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS.

thanks again for the help.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 PM
jhdh

Brian has my money as well. Have you had any luck since you last posted in September?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:55 PM
nieto1124

TIME TO EAT CROW BOYS ! I can dish it out. And i can certainely make ammends. I have to say that Brain Sims is a stand up guy. I have my boat and it is way better than I expected. Unfortunately we dont always get what we want, when we want it. [&o] you know the big boy with the big toy saying

Just because our lives are fine and dandy, does not mean that somewhere else in this world another guy "maybe your nieghbor" is having a dificult time of it. This unfortunately was the case. Brian has redeemed himself in my book. he came thru as he had originally stated. and i would and will do business with him again in a heartbeat. he e-mailed me today to inform me that he is gearing up his shop again. shop phone 502-384-1612 . Vision Sails makes some killer stuff guys ! please dont let my post deter you from dealing with him.

Brain , as a matter of fact. i need some sails made when you get a chance. I need a set of US-12 and i need a new set for my Newport. I can send you the newports originals if you need them for paterns? just let me know when your ready drop me an e-mail and we will work it out.

Thanks again

Robert Nieto

Old 12-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Robert.

This is surprising to read you saying what a standup guy you dealt with. The original post is almost 5 months old and then you were saying the purchase was 9 months ago - my math would say that you waited 13-14 months to get an item from a seller.

Curious how that makes the seller someone you would recommend?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:26 AM
nieto1124

Actually Matt, Thanks for asking.

its not what a stand up guy i delt with then (no one would consider those the actions of a stand-up guy). Its what a stand up guy "i am currently dealing with". he could have just as easily fallen off the radar or made himself impossible to find. but instead he contacted me and picked up where he left off with a completely new attitude.

We all come upon hard times. This seller found himself in a bad situation and like most of us figured he would work himself out of it alone. In the meantime months went buy and his name and reputaion were going down the tubes. I did what i could to find Brian off site. I waited 9 months before I actually posted on RCU . my first post was to see if any of the sailboat guys knew him. but what it did was put me in contact with 2 others that were in the same boat . Shortley after the RCU posting, Brian contacted me. He apologized and explained his situation and followed thru with the original deal.

what make him a stand up guy and someone i would recommend ?

1. he had the "gonads" to contact me.
2. he apologized for the bad service.
3. he explained his situation. which was one i have been thru myself.
4. he completed my deal.
5. he is currently completing the other two.

I have checked and found that Brian has indeed contacted the other buyers whom were owed products here on RCU. He is currently filling thier orders.

thats why I would recommend him Matt! he has gone through some real tuff times and has managed to come out "swingin". he is filling his orders and plans on establishing his business and customer base again.

I wish him and his venture all the luck in the world. i will purchase products from him "Vision Sails" again. hope others will do the same.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 AM
luislgon

I am one of the other two persons that Brian Sims had failed to deliver an order (I ordered sails and complete rig for my Northwind 36-600)

My order was placed during February 2008 and delivered on January 5th of 2009, after being contacted by Mr Sims during November 2008.

Boy, was that a long wait. But I can assure you that the quality of the products is GREAT. He even sent me free of charge the box for the radio and battery for my NW!!

Brian contacted me, via e-mail, about three times before November and apologysed for the delay, stating that he was going through some very tough times that forced him to temporarily close his business but promissing that he was going to fullfill the pending orders later on.

We, as customers, also were having a tough time thinking that we might loose our money, but I am very happy that Vision Sails is on its way again and will continue to deliver such fine products for our enjoymenth and growth of our hobby.

I agree with Robert Nieto about ordering again from Vision Sails. I would do it again.

I wish everyone a Happy 2009 with lots of excellent days for sailing!!

Luis Gonzalez
Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 AM
jhdh

Having previously seen these posts, I became worried that maybe I had thrown my money into a hole. I sent a deposit to Mr. Sims and a request for two RC boats in early November, 2008 and Mr. Sims was ready to deliver by the end of January, 2009. That's a reasonable time for delivery of product that requires custom modification. He even drove more than 80 miles to deliver the boats to me. Whatever may have been part of the past, he's clearly back in the game.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
visionsails
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it is true that I had some rough times last year. But I glad to say that things are much better now and I have officially caught up on things around the shop. In 2009 I will be offering boats, sails, and rigging but only for limited classes. Part of the problem last time was that I tried to do too much and I am only one man. This time around I have my priorities set and limits to what I can and can't do. Please check my new site out for updates and info. BTW, have you had a chance to sail your two Victoria's yet?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Brian

Old 02-27-2009, 08:01 AM
nieto1124

GLAD TO HEAR ! stick to the plan and all will be well. send me an e-mail when you get a chance. [email protected]. need some stuff.