Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Spirit 70 Ripmax - Equipage

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Spirit 70 Ripmax - Equipage

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM
malmeida14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spirit 70 Ripmax - Equipage

I just bought a Ripmax /Equipage Spirit 70. I found that the instructions are of a model with two oppenings in the deck and mine has only one. I think that they change the model and forget to change the building instructions.
I didn't found any information about this model in RCUniverse.
Some links
Details can be found in: [link=http://www.ripmax.com/item.asp?itemid=B-ARS-7002&selectedtab=050&Category=050-010-020]Spirit 70[/link]
A picture of the boat:

So, can you help me mounting this model?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:43 PM
1967250s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spirit 70 Ripmax - Equipage

HI, LOOKS LIKE A NICE MODEL! The weight looks a little light but you can adjust for it. To find out about setting it up for rc, search here for the Thunder Tiger Voyager or Victoria, they are very similiar, lots of good information. You can also go to modelyacht.com and go to the links and go thru them to search for similiar boats. You can also go to lester Gibert's site- http://www.onemetre.net/ and read through everything-it will give you an enormous amount of info from theory to setting up the sails and radios. You can also go to ec12.org which has build logs for the EC12 boat.
As for the missing hatch- you may not need it and it was deleted because it was not necessary. If you want to put in another hatch, go ahead and do it, but be sure to seal it when going sailing and that itdoes not hurt the strenght . The smaller boats- less than a meter- usually get a lot of water over the deck and you want to keep that out! I hope this helps some, this looks like a new kit, I have not heard of it but I have been in this for about a year only. Good luck