Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: monsoon or phantom?

Okay thanks I will wait to see what size you come up with. Do you have one of these boats? And can you tell me how you like it and if it as any bad habits how does it sail light wind and heavy wind please and thank you for your time.
    F9, hunter hawker,F-22,yak55 30% DLE55,Extra260,300.sabre F86,bae hawk,Cessna 182. GoldWing extra300LM 30CC Velox20cc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Okay thanks I will wait to see what size you come up with. Do you have one of these boats? And can you tell me how you like it and if it as any bad habits how does it sail light wind and heavy wind please and thank you for your time.

I had a Monsoon for 2 years. Suggest you go to this link to read more about this boat. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=monsoonthere is a lot of information on this boat at that link in particular post number 83. You can see my models at my profile site on this forum - it shows you my collection over the last few years.
    Also you can see more on my blog at the rcgroups.com forum. They have a much more active forum on RC sailboats, and other RC boats - really everything RC - worth your time to check it out.

The Monsoon is a nice boat for the money - as I have stated in the past, the hull is the best part of the boat, the rigging and hardware are the low points. Something has to lack or they couldn't sell these boats for the prices they offer. It is fine starting point and if you are at all handy and take the time to read up on these boats you should end up with a fun boat for very little money. A better bet for you would be a Nirvana ll - you should be able to get one from Steve Lang with out the radio at a reduced price - you can use your stick radio you use on your aircraft. You'd be in to it about $200.00 (sailrc.com)

I have detailes andpictures of those things that need to beupgraded that will make the boat seaworthy. It is not expensive and once done the Monsoon is decent boat. As stated before, Hobbyking is not known for their customer service in the event of any problems. There is no one there that you can talk to or e-mail that has a clue about what they sell.
    I have purchased a number of their products with out issue, I have had two boats that hadminior issues,after many months of calling, e-mailing them, basically driving them nuts, I was able to get replacement parts for the one of the boats. I gaveup on the other one and fixed the problem myself. They sell somevery good products, they just don't getcustomer service.

Boomer/Windchaser

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I own the Legend is the same as the Monsoon different hatch and colors 2 problems the ruder servo die after a few minutes of use and ha e a bosie that keep braking, no biggie just grab a spare small servo arm.

Had tons of fun sailing it, i try to find a new place to sail every time, each location has it own challenges .
    No crash allowed, keep it flying!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234