Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Fairwind vs. Nirvana II

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Fairwind vs. Nirvana II

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:50 PM
berniejorn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairwind vs. Nirvana II

what's your idea on the better sailboat- Nirvana II, or new kyosho fairwind? Trying to decide.

Thanks for advice.

Bernie
Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Fairwind vs. Nirvana II

I bought the Nirvana II and am very pleased with it. I heard the RTR version had poor electronics, so I got the "naked" version w/o electronics (from SailRC.com), and installed two high-torque metal gear servos and a Spektrum DX5e/AR500 2.4GHz radio system. If you buy it from SailRC.com, they will give you a login to their "Nirvana Tips & Tricks" website, with several good tips to improve the waterproofing and reliability of your Nirvana.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 AM
RodCarr

If you think you might be interested in sailing with other skippers, and by that I mean racing, a good approach is to go to the AMYA website (http://www.ModelYacht.org), search out the "Clubs" page, and locate the club that is nearest to you. By finding out what they are sailing, you'll automatically pick a boat that will make you instantly ready to join their fun, provide you with a bunch of new friends, and establish a source of local information and help that will ease your building effort.

If on the other hand, you just want to sail about for relaxation by yourself, the important questions become: 1)How big a car do you have?, and 2) Where do you plan to sail? Either of the two you mention will work well in typical cars of today, and in local ponds that are fresh water if you can find it.

Rod Carr
AMYA #002
Old 07-28-2009, 11:01 PM
kjkavaney
My Feedback: (72)

the Nirvana is more prone to weed problems catching it's keel
the older fairwind is alittle less prone to catching weeds..
that is a huge issue in lakes more so than artifical ponds...
just my two cents.
kevin