Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Would like to add Sailing - Victor Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Would like to add Sailing - Victor Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Simages

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like to add Sailing - Victor Models

If helis were not enough trouble....

I'm looking to purchase 2 boats from Victor models. The Soling 1M and the Stars and Strips version, anyone recently ordered from their site? Also; looking to purchase 2 DX5e with AR500.

Thought I'd start here before ordering retail....
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 AM
hottrk51

Default RE: Would like to add Sailing - Victor Models

I haven't ordered recently but Victor is the best you can find.

Also check [link]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solingonemeter/messages[/link] and [link]http://www.solingonemeter.org/[/link]

There's plenty of info about the S1M. It may be the best boat on the pond. Inexpensive, easy to build and very competitive if you want to race.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Simages

That's what I've been told more and more..... although no email responses from the victor-model site I'm going to give them a call. Just want to make sure all is up to date on the ordering site.
Thanks for the info and I know the Soling is going to be for my girlfriend as she picked it out...... how great is that?
ORIGINAL: hottrk51
I haven't ordered recently but Victor is the best you can find.
Also check [link]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solingonemeter/messages[/link] and [link]http://www.solingonemeter.org/[/link]
There's plenty of info about the S1M. It may be the best boat on the pond. Inexpensive, easy to build and very competitive if you want to race.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
EODCoug

I just ordered the Blackhawk 32, sometimes it takes him a few days to answer, but All went very smooth and received my boat promptly.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Simages

Good to hear. I saw that he did read my intial emails and thanks for the reply. Until I actually make the order...... I'm still on the fence between the Blackhawk and the Stars and Strips.

Thanks again -
ORIGINAL: EODCoug
I just ordered the Blackhawk 32, sometimes it takes him a few days to answer, but All went very smooth and received my boat promptly.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
EODCoug

Funny, I seriously thought about that one (and the America3) as well, but this is my first boat so I decided to try the Blackhawk just because it's a few clams less (if my kids like it then I'll expand the fleet, otherwise it's just me and my wants). He did say the S&S and Ausie 2 were older and a bit heavier, but good sailors.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Simages

Well I got my hands on a Nirvana original today, complete. This is my first go at sailing at my girlfriend's request for the Soling or a "Footy" designed larger...... She bought me my first heli, but is not into flying so, sailing it is! I know I'm going to like it alot and with my hands on this 32" Nirvana I want to stay with 32" or longer....
ORIGINAL: EODCoug
Funny, I seriously thought about that one (and the America3) as well, but this is my first boat so I decided to try the Blackhawk just because it's a few clams less (if my kids like it then I'll expand the fleet, otherwise it's just me and my wants). He did say the S&S and Ausie 2 were older and a bit heavier, but good sailors.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM
EODCoug

Agreed, I feel the same about the bigger boats, not sure what the appeal is not even having done it yet. Hope to start building it this weekend.... I hope. Damn house projects and kids soccer puts a serious crimp in my play time! I've been just amazed at some of the projects people have done. I used to sail and I love to tinker so this seemed an ideal fit. Although I've never RC'd before or tinkered on the scale of any of these guys, it has definitely caught my fascination. I see me building a boat someday.