Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Robbe Scandia

I have one of these here I never use and was thinking of trying to sell it again. how do most of you ship something like this? It doesnt really come apart much or get light..lol.......thanks Bruce

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Robbe Scandia

Bruce,
    I'm looking forward to someone with an answer to shipping. I've been making and selling a few boats. My BIGGEST problem is finding a cheap way to transport them. I've quoted people more than the boat value to arrange packaging and courier charges. Couriers are guaranteed to smash anything fragile as is our postal service. I'm in Australia. Courier cost of $140 to $200 is normal. This doesn't include me trying to package.

Larry L.
    In some cultures my behaviour would be considered normal............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Robbe Scandia

Thje best I've seen was done for a friends boat that travelled the length of NZ.Invercargill to Taupo.
    The sender had wrapped the boat,keel.rudder,in plastic cling film.Rudder and keel seperate from the hull,but in the same box.
    These parts were put in a cardboard box which was then half filled with expanding foam,the kind that plumbers use to fill gaps around pipes.
    Then a layer of film was laid over this and the box filled the rest of the way.Once the foam had set the box was taped shut addressed and sent.
    Arrived safe and sound on courier 2 days later.Cost was $50 from memory.
    Mast and sails came in a cardboard tube taped to the box.
    Unpacking was as easy as pulling the two halfs of foam away from boat etc and taking off the cling wrap.