Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Depron 6 mm RG-65

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Depron 6 mm RG-65

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 03:20 PM
DiasDePlaya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depron 6 mm RG-65

Hello everyone,

I'm still here thinking about to build a RG-65, but I don't like to build anything, but I don't have the money to buy one, then building is my only reasonable way to get one.

I was reading about some nice footies made with Depron, and found just two RG65 made in this material.

Here in Chile the Depron or similar are very cheap and easy to find in 6 or 5 mm.

Any experience with Depron or any similar foam? Is possible to buid a competitive RG65 with Depron?

I'm thinking to build a swing rig.

Any input is very appreciate.

Happy New Year,

Jose from Chile
Old 12-28-2009, 06:52 AM
tatolazo

Default RE: Depron 6 mm RG-65

José.

Nice to hear from you again. I built electric airpanes from depron before, and certainly is easy and chepaper to work with 3mm balsa sheets. I am sure you know the performance of the sailboat will depend of its shape more than the material.
I have 3 hulls from the Christian Roessner designs, They have minor details that can be fixed with automotive putty. If you want one i can give you one for free. just let me know and send me your adress. You will hva to buil d the deck ( many guys use only flat decks) fin, fin box and rudder.

You pay the shippng.

Tato Lazo.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 AM
DiasDePlaya

Default RE: Depron 6 mm RG-65

Tato,

Te pasaste. Mándamelos a Salvador 871, Providencia, fono 3430785. Me parece que Tur Bus tiene un servicio de entrega por pagar en destino.

Feliz Año Nuevo!