Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Would this work?

Quick question i want a outboard motor but dont know what one to get... I am new to all of this. So this is my idea i am makeing a catarman Sail boat. I plan to use it in wind but if it gets too choppy i need it to motor in so it needs to be not verry powerfull just enough to get it to the bank I dont mind how fast it goes... Also is there a way i could make the sails go down? I will be steering it useing a rudder useing the steering from a rc car which i will waterproof (from a cheep good for nothing chinnese toy car) which will steer it. I've got the bottom part of the hull i just need to make up the top part. Will this work? I want it to be like this:http://img.nauticexpo.com/images_ne/...aran-52473.jpg altough alot more basic :P

If A= work ,and B= play then, Z= Keep your mouth shut

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Would this work?

Bump
    If A= work ,and B= play then, Z= Keep your mouth shut

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Would this work?

All depends on how big you make the hulls. There are some small motors out there you could easily drop in the back end of a hull with a prop sticking out so it doesn't drag when you get moving. I'd forget the outboard part, too much weight hanging out back probably. Best is to have a boat you can send out to retrieve, either with a person or RC type. better yet, learn to judge when to get on and off the water. As to making the sails go up/down, why bother? Sounds neat, but a great big PITA[X(]. KISS, keep it simple, Simon, and it won't break.[sm=idea.gif]